sharetrader
Page 83 of 277 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

Freaked out at 91 at the Z pump in welly $2.45 litre or thereabouts.Filled up instead in levin at about $2.04!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Freaked out at 91 at the Z pump in welly $2.45 litre or thereabouts.Filled up instead in levin at about $2.04!!
    thats a fair way to go even for 41c/litre
    Last edited by peat; 01-05-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added ‘even’
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Dont forget - you can get a whopping 6 cents off with your airports card at all Z stations. (Try the Gaspy app for prices near you)

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Market seems to think so - down 1.3% today to $6.25
    i was re reading there market update end last yr where they said the fall in oil helped them re coup some of the loss previous 6mths , now i was thinking they said brent over $70 was a problem. it went over $70 just recently so it affect margins now i guess. so profit warning in results or honky dory going forward?
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    thats a fair way to go even for 41c/litre
    I was heading back north after visiting Welly.Highlight, had a great half day around the bays and southern coast from Oriental bay to Red Rocks with walks ,cafes(2) and an aquarium in between on a sunny windy welly day.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Market seems to think so - down 1.3% today to $6.25
    I fear some of Winners bowling mates have bought some buggar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    30 cents final fully imputed with an ex date late next month...you read it from me first
    50-55 cps fully imputed for FY20, Gross yield approx. 11.7% for a company selling a consumer staple.
    Nice call Beagle, very accurate!

Default Owning for yield.

Thanks. First impressions are of a solid result for the second half and obviously the dividend was just slightly above my expectations at 30.5 cps.
    Outlook for FY20 is for EBITDA growth and full year dividend forecast of 48 - 54 cps which again is pretty close to my expectations.
    Looking ahead to prospective yield for a new investor buying today and looking through the immediate dividend to ascertain FY20 effective yield - At the mid point (51 cps) fully imputed gives gross 51 / 0.72 = 70.83 cps which gives a gross yield of 70.83 / 590.5 = 12% on a theoretical ex divvy price of $5.90.5 ($6.21 - .305).

12% return for a consumer item nearly 100% of people and business's have to buy seems compelling to me in this ultra low interest rate environment.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Is the 2020 dividend fully imputed?

Edit - nevermind just saw Beagles post.
    Last edited by Longhaul; 02-05-2019 at 08:25 AM.

result just as we alluded too yesterday, margin pressure

Z has delivered Historical Cost Net Profit after Tax (HC NPAT) of $186 million, a decrease of$77 million from the prior corresponding period (PCP). The 29% decline reflects crude pricemovements in FY19, steadily rising in the first half then falling steeply during the third quarterto end the year largely flat.

So based on this the current period has seen oil rise steadily again so im presuming its bad for them based on the above comments
    one step ahead of the herd