sharetrader
Page 120 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Gull expansion plans in the South Island. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/116...outh-of-oamaru
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

have Z dropped there petrol prices? i see oil is below the saudi attack level
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    have Z dropped there petrol prices? i see oil is below the saudi attack level
    currency is lower so we probably won't quite make it all back

I think low crude prices would be beneficial to Zenergy, as low pump prices will keep consumers happy and keep concerns regarding Zenergy's margins in check
    So, lower crude prices = higher possible margins?

Yes other issues aside, I think U.S$50 - $60 is the sweet spot for Z.

Daughter went for an internship with Z. Quizzed them hard on why she should work for a company that contributes to global warming. Was surprised and impressed with response, that if she wants to help the env, join Z as they are investing serious money in transitioning the company away from fossil fuels.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    Daughter went for an internship with Z. Quizzed them hard on why she should work for a company that contributes to global warming. Was surprised and impressed with response, that if she wants to help the env, join Z as they are investing serious money in transitioning the company away from fossil fuels.
    They are obviously prepared to answer questions like that so good on them. It may be hard for your daughter to find a job if she limits herself to companies that do not have some CO2 emissions in their business !

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    I have a daughter with the same sentiments. But they (the clever young ones with an environmental conscience) ought not limit their scope to organisations doing the right thing.

Your daughter can have a bigger influence with an employer that is currently BAD environmentally! Her opportunities to make a difference is limited with organisations that are already pristine.

Half year profit announcement due on 31 October.
    My friend pointed out to me that Z now offer the ability to stack discounts (buy $40 of fuel which is less than 20 liters) and accumulate the 10 cents off each time for later purchase of 50 liters.
    My mate reckons you can really accumulate a great reward over 2 months and this new thing, (they didn't offer stacking before the change in loyalty program that Caltex had) will really hurt their margins going forward. His whole family are in on the thing and Pete reckons he'll get 50 liters of fuel for free every two months !

I suspect ZEL are unaware exactly how much this is going to cost them in terms of their margin as more and more people make the switch at ZEL to stacking on 10 cent off days. With the Government on their case with margins, (final fuel study report out early December), as well as the minnows nibbling away at market share, Gull trying to muscle in on their jet fuel supply contract and the slow but unstoppable shift to EV's, there's quite a few obvious headwinds and its a hard stock to like despite the prospective yield. Value trap ?

It'll be interesting to see how profitability is holding up and the forward guidance change, (if any).
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2019 at 10:16 AM.