sharetrader
Page 137 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Jeez, media and now a guy on TV saying petrol going drop in price by 10 cents to 18 cents

Either they have no idea or Z going to go broke.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12291391

Would love to see Z goes broke.. bloody fuel is always more expensive than others

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12291391

Would love to see Z goes broke.. bloody fuel is always more expensive than others
    Do you think that one less competitor increases competition?

Membaa

I find the lack of recognition of the government tax around 40% of the cost of fuel, to be both ignorant and confronting. Govt taxes were out of scope for the review so not surprisingly they weren’t mentioned (careful manipulation of scope). The result beats up the industry without acknowledging which party is doing the gouging. The government is the real reason for high fuel prices, not the companies. This is bad for shareholders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I find the lack of recognition of the government tax around 40% of the cost of fuel, to be both ignorant and confronting. Govt taxes were out of scope for the review so not surprisingly they weren’t mentioned (careful manipulation of scope). The result beats up the industry without acknowledging which party is doing the gouging. The government is the real reason for high fuel prices, not the companies. This is bad for shareholders.
    Well said and yes Fleecinda is in denial blaming the fuel companies. Bad for shareholders for sure, sold my trading parcel for a loss today as I see this stock at $4.50 in due course.

Terms of reference of this fuel price enquiry were deliberately obtuse resulting in blatant obfuscation. The results are carefully crafted so as to be deliberately disingenuous.

Justice Mahon if he were alive today might even call this "an orchestrated litany of lies"

We're now operating in an environment where the Govt are happy to make political capital with scant regard for treating companies equitably.

ZEL in 2019, who's the Govt's next whipping boy for 2020 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-12-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Terms of reference of this fuel price enquiry were deliberately obtuse resulting in blatant obfuscation. The results are carefully crafted so as to be deliberately disingenuous.

Justice Mahon if he were alive today might even call this "an orchestrated litany of lies"

We're now operating in an environment where the Govt are happy to make political capital with scant regard for treating companies equitably.

ZEL in 2019, who's the Govt's next whipping boy for 2020 ?
    I’ve been waiting for them to address power prices. But I guess they did that in a different way with the winter heating supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I’ve been waiting for them to address power prices. But I guess they did that in a different way with the winter heating supplement.
    Another piece of "brilliantly targeted" social welfare. People worth $10m+ get it too.

Mike Bennetts on national t.v. news last night said words to the effect of, we only make 3.5 cents per liter of fuel.
    We've been looking forward to more transparency, (this registered loudly on my B.S. metre) and have ordered the new billboards already at a cost of $2m. (New bigger billboards to enable the display of premium fuel prices).

Separately, the Govt recently threatened legislation if the big three don't build more resiliency into the jet fuel supply at Auckland airport and ZEL's share of expanded capacity has been talked about as $9m.

So there's $11m in capex required right there just to satisfy new regulatory requirements and if we assume a notional 9% expected return on capital that wipes $1m per annum of future earnings straight away and that's even before the effects of increased competition start making themselves felt !

I got to thinking, the Govt is hoping extra competition results in fuel price decreases of 18-32 cents per liter, (as reported yesterday). Mid point of that is 25 cents per liter.

Heck, if its just one tenth of that, that's 2.5 cents per liter and seeing as they only make 3.5 cents per liter after all costs, crikey the effect on profitability could be quite dramatic to say the least !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12291094

I asked Mrs Beagle to get some popcorn sorted out for later today. Should be an entertaining day once Jacinda weigh's in.

I'd bet my last dollar the term "fleeced" will be used.

Havnt heard her say that yet, have you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Havnt heard her say that yet, have you?
    She is in charge of the biggest fleecing outfit in NZ so action speaks louder than words, if she was serious about petrol costs then GST would be removed immediately which would provide more benefit and relief than hounding fuel companies for a few cents.