sharetrader
Page 185 of 277 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

BP app is great, but BP has become so complacement that they offer 10 cent AA discount, but are 10 cents dearer than other servos nearby. So discount has become a price diffetential ratather than a discount. Now that I have a car that takes 95, I found BP is way dearer, than others. Pak n Save is the cheapest, and that is provided by Z.

The world may never consume more oil than in 2019, BP says

London (CNN Business)Demand for oil may have peaked last year, according to BP, which says the global market for crude might never recover from the coronavirus pandemic.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/14/business/bp-oil-demand-peak-coronavirus/index.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    BP app is great, but BP has become so complacement that they offer 10 cent AA discount, but are 10 cents dearer than other servos nearby. So discount has become a price diffetential ratather than a discount. Now that I have a car that takes 95, I found BP is way dearer, than others. Pak n Save is the cheapest, and that is provided by Z.
    Perhaps but ask anyone who travels the country often and they'll tell you that BP's food range and quality as well as their coffee and onsite facilities rocks compared to any other fuel company. Right there is one of ZEL's biggest problems that's not talked about very much.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Pricing is very dependent upon both local competition and whether the station is located in an urban centre. The BP nearby s currently 1cpl higher for 91 than Mobil or Caltex. Z is currently 1cpl higher than that.

Many of the local BP stores don't offer 95, only 98, so that factors into the equation.

As Beagle mentions, BP's food has been really good, as is Z. Long gone are the days where pies came in little plastic bags and were soggy; I remember Dad occasionally buying those when I was a child for our lunch on the go.

Thank goodness the "good old days" are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    This is slightly offtopic but I tried using the Sharetank feature of the Z App the other day and tried to invite a friend to share my fuel. She entered my unique Sharetank code correctly but the app claims it's invalid. Submitted screenshots from my phone and hers to Z's Sharetank app support and so far all I've got is a bemused "you look like you are doing everything right, it should work."

Did some more digging on Google Play and looked at some of the Z App reviews - looks like the app is very hit and miss based on user feedback. The much vaunted Fastlane feature doesn't always seem to work and then you waste a lot of time trying to get it to work properly, undoing the benefit of Fastlane in the first place, etc.

In short, my brief flirtation with the Z App per above is making me increasingly happy with my current provider BP. BP's pay-in-car feature works right every time and doesn't rely on some fancy number plate recognition that is being rolled out at a snail's pace across the network (and doesn't seem too reliable either once installed.) The Sharetank seemed like a really interesting concept that I wanted to try but it failed for me from the get go.

Slightly disgruntled at the moment about Z (speaking as a customer) and certainly am feeling like they are on a journey sideways at best...
    Yeh I never got any benefit from using Sharetank. One time if fastlaned me and debited my credit card the extortionate pump price at the time whereas I wanted to pay using Sharetank because I was in Auckland and I fill up Sharetank outside of Auckland .... Dude in the shop was completely unhelpful when I told what happened. I had no idea about Fastlane doing that. I didnt even know I was in a fastlane tbh.
    Also they create such a 'spread' between what you pay for buying it in your tank and what you have to pay for putting it in sharetank that it is impossible to 'win' by buying low and using high which is what I wanted to use it for. But I dont think this really matters in terms of the overall success of the company.... just a nitpick
    Last edited by peat; 16-09-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Lots to complain about the Z sharetank option by quite a few people. I am sure, they live in a different reality then me. Filled up the sharetank with 95 in Hamilton at 1.83 discounted (1000 ltr. + 50 bonus ltrs. The 50 bonus ltrs. is equivalent to a 10 c discount). Right now in my area in Auckland, the cheapest discounted price of 95 is 1.99 on a 10 cent day. On a 60 ltr. fill, that is a saving of 9.60.
    The total cost of 1050 ltrs. of fuel was 1830 (interest free for 6 mnths. using the GEM visa) That gives me 17.5 fills and a total saving of 168 or 9.2% return on capital.
    Last edited by ananda77; 16-09-2020 at 01:25 PM.

All these saving schemes a waste of time. Get a monthly charge account that saves anywhere upto 20c per litre

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    All these saving schemes a waste of time. Get a monthly charge account that saves anywhere upto 20c per litre
    I am all ears to where to apply for an account that would save me up to 20 cents per liter. Care to share more info ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Understand brother gets 15c with his camper van card and niece uses hers in trucks stops 20c....... but will confirm

There's quite a few different fuelcard vendors, some of which were offering at least 10cpl (20cpl on diesel), but there were some additional fees, so unless you're a major user it wasn't an overly economic method to save money. We've ended up just taking advantage of the discount days, and with Z we haven't bothered stacking for quite some time.