sharetrader
Page 116 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Suppose you believe in the tooth fairy as well or is it as the stuff article says just coincidence

Was $2.36 at Z in Wellington last night ....that’ll put a rein on overall consumer spending
    That 235.9 is now 241.9

Jeez - that fuel arrived quick ...or maybe a promo later this week

Nomargin pressure this week. ..shareholders rejoice
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Apparently z increased price by 10 cents to 245.9 but others didn’t follow so lowered it a fraction to 241.9

A few kms away Caltex and Waitomo at 208

Still filling up at Z (am I one of the few by recent comments in this thread?), geographically convenient for me and I find their pay at pump better than BP (my other main option). My time is more valuable than the pump price differentials. I also sometimes contribute to the "pies and coke" fund. I have also held Z stock on an off over the years so cannot rule that out for 'clouding' my opinion. Currently 'on' and not selling.

In the end the com com final report will recommend X amount of things, and if the govt will implement Y of them - with Y being significantly less than X and potentially 0. Look no further than tax working group for a baseline of all the political hullabaloo eventuating to no real change at the end of the process.

Which means many investors - myself also as top up oppourtunities - will be looking closely at this as a continued yield play.

amazing how quick petrol companies are to raise prices. yet we have had numerous instances of oil falling 5 dollars a barrel lately and petrol prices never moved or if they did it was a week or two later by only a few cents lol.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

I go to the local transport company, and pay with my card. When I filled up Friday, diesel was 132.9 which aligns with cheapest in say Tauranga. Card then gives an extra 6c/litre discount.

Compare that to the main street in town, yesterday it was 173.9 - and they'll take the opportunity today to lift further for sure.

Always 40c/litre difference at least. So who is making money???

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/115...-wait#comments

ZEL tried to increase prices 9 cents per liter today but was forced to backtrack after BP only went up 6 cents.
    Meanwhile based on actual input costs if they are sustained GULL say pricing will need to go up by about 6 cents per liter but they are holding off until at least this Saturday.
    I think its pretty clear who is trying to lead the market higher and most quickly and I am absolutely certain others are taking notes too.
    More than 300 comments to this article for those that want to have a good trawl through what others are thinking.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-09-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

ZEL tried to increase prices 9 cents per liter today but was forced to backtrack after BP only went up 6 cents.
    Meanwhile based on actual input costs if they are sustained GULL say pricing will need to go up by about 6 cents per liter but they are holding off until at least this Saturday.
    I think its pretty clear who is trying to lead the market higher and most quickly and I am absolutely certain others are taking notes too.
    More than 300 comments to this article for those that want to have a good trawl through what others are thinking.
    Good news for Z shareholders

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Apparently there was going to be a Pumped promo of 10 cents a litre off tomorrow .....been canned

Close at 534 today

Getting close to 4 year lows

They won’t be touting that total shareholder return chart in their presentations for a while I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good news for Z shareholders
    I'm not so sure it is. I suspect more and more people are starting to question the way ZEL go about doing their business.
    Raising the prices before a 10 cent pumped day, if this is really common practice, makes me feel quite uncomfortable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine