sharetrader
Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277
Results 2,761 to 2,763 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Sorry for blocking discussion on the now delisted ZEL.... It is yet another issue of how NZers can somehow get investment returns from NZ assets owned by Australian concerns.
    You hit the nail on the head there !

Recognition in NZ of credit for Aussie franking credits was something NZSA at one time took up with Govt
    but this appears to have gone nowhere - from what I have managed to dig up searching

This also applies to other ASX Companies & their in-specie distributions too - BHP on a number of
    ocassions & coming up with WPL shares dished out - probably in the wrong thread again - but more widely
    relevant to any former NZX: ZEL holders looking at jumping into ASX: Ampol as new parent
    of the ZEL operations..

Perhaps someone from NZSA can update us on NZ Govt & recognition for OZ Franking credits etc ?
    Last edited by nztx; 17-05-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That is the conclusion from reading the Report. Are you assuming that only shareholders who are NZ residents get imputation credits attached to their dividends?

The report actually states:
    "2021 final dividend (fully franked for Australian tax, New Zealand imputation credit NZD 8 cents per share)"
    There is no mention of shareholders being treated differently according to residence. The assumption is that all shareholders are treated equally.

The report states Later under the franking Account Information
    "New Zealand imputation credits available (which can be attached to our Australian dividends but may only be used by New Zealand resident shareholders)"

Unfortunately my conclusion is that NZ residents who buy shares in ANZ (an Australian company), whether the NZX listed ANZ shares or the ASX listed ANZ shares, cannot choose to limit their investment to only the NZ division of ANZ. Consequently the distribution of the imputation credit for NZ tax paid has to be shared with all the other shareholders, even though the shareholders who are not resident in NZ cannot make use of their imputation credits.

If you think my conclusion is incorrect please refer to regulations or ANZ statements that indicate that.
    Sorry to be off topic again .. briefly the 2021 report hinted at NZ Credits may be attached - not will or required to be, however from OZ Tax paid it would be sufficient for Oz Holders to be fully franked - so Imp Crs for NZ ; Franking to OZ each out of respective tax credits on whichever side of the ditch. but I may be wrong

Withholding tax whipped out of the final 2021 Distrib to NZ holders will prove whether NZ Franked / Imputed whatever I guess
    Last edited by nztx; 17-05-2022 at 10:38 PM.

Legend

What was the final Dividend component of the settle up for ZEL shares made by Ampol ?