sharetrader
Page 178 of 277 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Thanks Clints. I tried that when the stacking system first started, and was summarily told off. I've also tried filling the car, then continuing to fill the jerry can for the mower (before they dropped the minimum purchase to attain a discount) which again resulted in being told off. Now I always fill up late at night when the staff are all inside and don't appear to really care what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Thanks Clints. I tried that when the stacking system first started, and was summarily told off. I've also tried filling the car, then continuing to fill the jerry can for the mower (before they dropped the minimum purchase to attain a discount) which again resulted in being told off. Now I always fill up late at night when the staff are all inside and don't appear to really care what happens.
    Zaphod sneaks in under the cover of darkness wearing a balaclava to siphon off the fuel...

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Zaphod sneaks in under the cover of darkness wearing a balaclava to siphon off the fuel...
    Due to COVID-19 I always wear a mask along with my flowing black cape. Syphoning from the rich, to replenish the poor!

Yes, that's a great crowdsourced app to mention along with it's website-based non-personally identifiable information gathering cousin Pricewatch. Still didn't stop my neighbour from driving 14km to save an additional 2cpl. 14km @ 0.73/km = $10.22 in running costs to save (45L*0.02cpl) = $0.90. I guess they'll never be an economics professor.
    Yes, it's always very amusing what people will do in an attempt to save a buck, but 73c per km is pretty extreme...

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    forget the comparison to Gull, they need to be far cheaper to make sense as their fuel is poos and you don't get the mileage out of ethanol
    The most common response when I've mentioned that is: But it's cheaper and it's still 45L in my tank! Don't get me started.
    But is their 91, which doesn't contain ethanol, any more poo than the next?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    But is their 91, which doesn't contain ethanol, any more poo than the next?
    AFAIK 91 contains no ethanol. It's the other grades that are the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Yes, it's always very amusing what people will do in an attempt to save a buck, but 73c per km is pretty extreme...
    $0.73 is the standard rate used by IRD, which includes all costs including depreciation, maintenance. Given they're driving that distance to save a small fuel expense, the calculation seem appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interestingly when the loyalty scheme changed In August 2019, Z for the first time allowed discount stacking. Since then the overall level of discounting for the company has really hurt its profit. I think quite a large percentage of people are into this stacking thing.
    Share-tank and Stacking must be hurting them, but I do wonder if removing this ability or changing the value proposition for the consumer will probably just result in a backlash.

Advanced Member

AFAIK 91 contains no ethanol. It's the other grades that are the issue.
    I only ever bought 91 at Gull, and there seemed to be a noticeable reduction in how far a tank lasted, compared to other brands.
    Last edited by Getty; 13-08-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I only ever bought 91 at Gull, and there seemed to be a noticeable reduction in how far a tank lasted, compared to other brands.
    Just checked their website: "Gull Regular 91 Octane petrol contains no ethanol and is less than 10 parts per million of sulphur."

It's unlikely that any additives are causing a decrease in economy. Interesting.... I'll ask some others about their experience.