sharetrader
Page 90 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

I always go to ZED because I know they will come out and fill my car for me.
    Dont care how much extra it costs me, as an older woman, I dont want to learn how to put petrol in my car, and I know I’m not alone in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Filled my car up at Z the other day. Before I came to a stop a lady was there. I hopped out of the car and she was offering to fill my tank. Thanks I said and then went on to clean the windows with a bucket of nice clean water/cleaner - and this was after 5.00pm. Its called service and I'm prepared to pay a bit more for it.

The alternative is the NPD down the road. no water, no service. no nothing. Its cheaper as it should be.

My money, my choice.
    The local unmanned Gull has absolutely nothing, not even a bathroom or an air pump to top up one's tyres.
    What is the point of having an unmanned station out in the back of beyond without even a bathroom as when travelling on a road trip half the point of stopping for fuel is to also get a coffee, a snack and / or ice-cream or pie, visit the bathroom and probably clean the bugs off your windscreen too and none of these things are possible at these cheaper unmanned stations which goes to prove the age old saying, you really do get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Waitomo has been welcomed to our community with wide open arms and has been enormously busy since opening, 2 Caltex plus 1 BP station have had to reduce their prices to stay competitive the Z station a few more kms down the road never dropped a cent off its price.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-05-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Waitomo has been welcomed to our community with wide open arms and has been enormously busy since opening, 2 Caltex plus 1 BP station have had to reduce their prices to stay competitive the Z station a more kms down the road never dropped a cent off its price.
    It always starts that way as it did with the local unmanned Gull very close to where I live. Gull with absolutely no service whatsoever as posted above, (a year after opening) have now moved to ostensibly exactly the same price as surrounding full service stations once you factor in the discount scheme's offered by the latter.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It always starts that way as it did with the local unmanned Gull very close to where I live. Gull with absolutely no service whatsoever as posted above, (a year after opening) have now moved to ostensibly exactly the same price as surrounding full service stations once you factor in the discount scheme's offered by the latter.
    Difference is that Waitomo is a 70 yr old kiwi family business unlike Gull. PS-The Gull in Levin has remained at cheap prices for many years now.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-05-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Difference is that Waitomo is a 70 yr old kiwi family business unlike Gull. PS-The Gull in Levin has remained at cheap prices for many years now.
    I'd like you to do some market research since as we discussed, this new station is very close to where you live.
    At this new station can you :-
    1. Pay for your fuel with cash ?
    2. Clean your windscreen with the equipment provided ?
    3. Buy an ice-cream, snack, pie or milk and bread ?
    4. Go to the bathroom ?
    5. Wash your hands with warm soapy water after touching the dirty fuel bowser that's contaminated with 101 other people's germs ?
    6. Get someone else to fill your car - forecourt concierge ?
    7. Check and top up your tyres ?
    8. Buy oil or any other motoring product ?
    9. Participate in any discount, flybuys, airpoints or any other loyalty scheme
    10 Get a hot coffee ?

Looking forward to your market research response. None of these things can be done at my local Gull station and yet their fuel is now just the same as anywhere else. Who's Gull-ible enough to go there now ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'd like you to do some market research since as we discussed, this new station is very close to where you live.
    At this new station can you :-
    1. Pay for your fuel with cash ?
    2. Clean your windscreen with the equipment provided ?
    3. Buy an ice-cream, snack, pie or milk and bread ?
    4. Go to the bathroom ?
    5. Wash your hands with warm soapy water after touching the dirty fuel bowser that's contaminated with 101 other people's germs ?
    6. Get someone else to fill your car - forecourt concierge ?
    7. Check and top up your tyres ?
    8. Buy oil or any other motoring product ?
    9. Participate in any discount, flybuys, airpoints or any other loyalty scheme
    10 Get a hot coffee ?

Looking forward to your market research response. None of these things can be done at my local Gull station and yet their fuel is now just the same as anywhere else. Who's Gull-ible enough to go there now ?
    Wow Beagle you do an awful lot at your chosen service station I on the other hand only get petrol. PS-Never check your tire pressure or oil at a service station if you intend adjusting either do it at home with everything cold. PPS- I still have to frequate the local BP and pay criminal prices for their 98 to go in my big block V8 for its monthly drive. PPPS- I do however acknowledge that some folks appreciate the above features you have mentioned.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-05-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Some of those I consider a benefit of the cheap stations - cheaper fuel and no exposure to temptation/advertising for other overpriced goods, double benefit. Haven't paid for anything with cash for months, everything else I can do elsewhere or at home with a little organisation.

Wow Beagle you do an awful lot at your chosen service station I on the other hand only get petrol. PS-Never check your tire pressure or oil at a service station if you intend adjusting either do it at home with everything cold. PPS- I still have to frequate the local BP and pay criminal prices for their 98 to go in my big block V8 for its monthly drive. PPPS- I do however acknowledge that some folks appreciate the above features you have mentioned.
    Don't do all that lol but its handy if you want too. Local Mobil even has a subway incorporated within the shop which has proven to be handy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I can see how that would work, but I really cant see it as necessary in recreational boating.

I did pick up some ZEL - finally! - I ve been hot on ZEL for ages but never managed to get on board).

I got them just before going XD with the intention of doubling up after going ex. but never got a decent chance..

Looks like I might get that chance!

I've started using Z Levin now that I'm heading to Welly so often and the amenities there are useful.
    But yeh whereever I go , doesnt matter. this company is about trucks and aeroplanes as consumers,
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....