sharetrader
Page 189 of 277 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Evs have unreal depreciation, especially when the battery starts to hold a lesser and lesser charge. Just about junk when you need a new battery pack. Typically people with less funds buy second hand vehicles. The older the vehicle the poorer the buyer. Which one is going to be able to afford $10k, on an older vehicle. The more Evs on the road the more this unreal depreciation will become evident.
    “The older the vehicle the poorer the buyer “Lol , my garage 2002, 2008,2012 . Think you have this wrong .

Evs have unreal depreciation, especially when the battery starts to hold a lesser and lesser charge. Just about junk when you need a new battery pack. Typically people with less funds buy second hand vehicles. The older the vehicle the poorer the buyer. Which one is going to be able to afford $10k, on an older vehicle. The more Evs on the road the more this unreal depreciation will become evident.
    Can you link the research on this please. I've been looking on the second hand market and they seem to be holding up better than ICE (aside from a few old Leafs bought in from Japan after being all but written off)

TESLA ROADSTER - Acceleration 0-400km/h (259MPH) ..........less then 20 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQilGuKmYPY

Does a Tesla Model S depreciate faster than a similarly priced 5 or 7 series BMW? I highly doubt it. Your argument for used car buyers inability to afford to maintain an older EV (if that's what you are implying) is imo even more applicable to the ICE multi turbo luxury German barges, which surely contributes to their savage depreciation. I sunk over $10k replacing the engine on my 335i not so long ago, doing all the labour myself. And I've been sleeping a lot easier since I sold my v8 M3...both fantastic engines when they are working well, but both potentially costly hand grenades!
    Last edited by Cyclical; 22-10-2020 at 06:27 PM.

My first 1999-2000 Prius 1500cc hybrid battery lasted 17yrs and was the prototype for future Toyota models. Newer batteries even better performance and reliability with replacement costing around $3000. Earlier model had 40 rods with 6 D size batteries per rod.

Upgraded to 1800cc model and no fear about battery as I believe none have been replaced yet........... 900k around $70 petrol cheap as

Would expect these early Tesla vehicles to double in price and become future collectors gems maybe even better then SHARES
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 22-10-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    TESLA ROADSTER - Acceleration 0-400km/h (259MPH) ..........less then 20 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQilGuKmYPY
    When they make a convertible I’m in. I’ve driven the S and it performed well but it doesn’t feel as luxurious as the European cars. No doubt that will come.

If you’re a supercar fan supercar blondie has some fun videos

https://www.facebook.com/supercarblondie/

Electric and hybrid vehicles accounted for 11.5% of September new vehicle registrations. If you exclude commercial vehicles they account for 16.5% of car registrations.

And then there’s hydrogen cars and trucks, seems Waitomo is getting stuck in.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/122649949/hydrogen-cars-and-their-future-in-new-zealand

“Initial validation testing will put 20 Hyzon trucks on the road in 2021 which will be fuelled by Hiringa’s nationwide hydrogen refuelling network located on key partner sites such as Waitomo Group’s existing Fuel Stops.”
    Last edited by bullfrog; 22-10-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Font

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Does a Tesla Model S depreciate faster than a similarly priced 5 or 7 series BMW? I highly doubt it. Your argument for used car buyers inability to afford to maintain an older EV (if that's what you are implying) is imo even more applicable to the ICE multi turbo luxury German barges, which surely contributes to their savage depreciation. I sunk over $10k replacing the engine on my 335i not so long ago, doing all the labour myself. And I've been sleeping a lot easier since I sold my v8 M3...both fantastic engines when they are working well, but both potentially costly hand grenades!
    https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...-xdrive-review Facelifted one arrived yesterday and is $149,995. It has the latest version of the twin turbo N63 engine with 390 kw's and 750 nm's and undoubtedly has stellar performance and handling BUT as you probably know earlier iterations of this engine have had a chequered track record with reliability. BMW will assure buyers that all the tweaks on the very latest version have fixed past issues but they would say that wouldn't they

Unfortunately people are right to be concerned about the cost of maintaining these cars and engines (especially high powered twin turbo V8 engines like this one), outside of warranty and while its great that BMW now provide a 5 year warranty the question is with the EV revolution ostensibly already upon us what will one's $149K be worth in 5 years time when the warranty has run out ? My best guess on residual value at that point would be 30-35% retained value so one is likely to tear up ~ $100,000 owning one for 5 years. Oh and they like lots of the expensive 98 Octane fuel that in their infinite wisdom Z doesn't even sell !

From a recent Australian Car Advice article In July 2020, BMW announced it would be releasing 23 electrified models (meaning both fully-electric and hybrid-electric) within the next three years. What's that going to do to the resale value of ICE engines BMW's ?

Anyway I suppose we better get back to talking about this dog...opps sorry company. Surely ZEL is an acronym for Zero excitement left ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-10-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

GM has a new electric Hummer

560 km range
    1,000 HORSEPOWER
    AND 11,500 LB-FT OF TORQUE

https://youtu.be/WuaN7nYyDPo

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev
    Last edited by tango; 23-10-2020 at 06:48 AM.