sharetrader
Page 79 of 277 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Well, today I've become a member of the ZEL family at $6.38 on open. I have been looking for a "consumable" for the portfolio and remain unconvinced (despite the charts) on the risks associated with bricks and mortar retailers like KMD, BGP and the like. You cant get much more simple than petrol (and high margin add ons) which consumers always need. Both a luxury and a necessity. This is going into the retirement portfolio so barring a stoploss being triggered I'll be interested to see how this pans out. (Usual apology to current holders - SP inevitable falls when I buy)

Welcome aboard mm. Settle back and enjoy your ~ 30 cents per share fully imputed dividend forthcoming in the near future.
    Hope you invested enough so dividends pay for all the fuel in your vehicle(s)...that's what I did and kind of sweet getting free petrol.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Welcome aboard mm. Settle back and enjoy your ~ 30 cents per share fully imputed dividend forthcoming in the near future.
    Hope you invested enough so dividends pay for all the fuel in your vehicle(s)...that's what I did and kind of sweet getting free petrol.
    Ordinarily I try to put my gains back into the investment pot. Though sometimes I like to take the profits off the table and by something nice. Petrol, I'm afraid doesn't do it for me - so I think those returns will stay ready to be put somewhere else in the share market (bought enough to get free driving for quite a while if i want to look at it that way!)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    30c would be nice , as z have stated in there op report div guidance has increased based on higher 3rd quarter earnings. total div guidance is between 38c - 47c which includes the 12.5c already paid.

25.5c - 34.5cps is the range at the higher end would get the market excited i reckon and propel shares up to my target $7 which is the resistance

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...705/293954.pdf
    one step ahead of the herd

Air NZ and Z working together to give air points members 6 cents a litre off fuel.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...rs-at-the-pump

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Air NZ and Z working together to give air points members 6 cents a litre off fuel.

Good news for AIR and Z I would have thought. I know there are a lot of other fuel loyalty / discount cards out there but from memory there are something like 2 million airpoints members and its N.Z's leading loyalty program so even if only a small percentage of these airpoints customers switch fuel brand allegiance the benefit to ZEL is clear.

Be nice to see these two companies I own settle their differences over the fuel pipeline disruption too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Yawn - just another useless discount program. Can't use up all these supermarket vouchers (between 6 and 20 cents off), stopped using my AA card (6 cents discount at BP), don't use my wife's "Challenge customer card (6 cents there) but go normally to the more reasonably priced petrol stations like e.g. MGL or NPD in Christchurch where the fuel is always at reasonable prices (no need for cards or vouchers) - typically 20 cents below the undiscounted "standard" price set by Z et all.

I don't expect another "Me-too" discount system in a market over loaded with discount systems (which in reality are just to capture personal data) to provide advantages to their customers or to improve their business.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yawn - just another useless discount program. Can't use up all these supermarket vouchers (between 6 and 20 cents off), stopped using my AA card (6 cents discount at BP), don't use my wife's "Challenge customer card (6 cents there) but go normally to the more reasonably priced petrol stations like e.g. MGL or NPD in Christchurch where the fuel is always at reasonable prices (no need for cards or vouchers) - typically 20 cents below the undiscounted "standard" price set by Z et all.

I don't expect another "Me-too" discount system in a market over loaded with discount systems (which in reality are just to capture personal data) to provide advantages to their customers or to improve their business.
    I agree with you BP ....just a big yawn eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

There is nothing like that sort of difference in N.Z's biggest fuel market, Auckland. Gull is typically just a few cents cheaper.
    A small percentage will change and lots of little things can make a difference.

The 6 cents isnt the point. What it is doing is discouraging airpoint members from using an alternative fuel supplier and encouraging them into the Z door to buy higher margin stuff..
    I can currently (according to gaspy) get petrol at NPD for $2.18 or $2.21 at BP or Z