sharetrader
Page 86 of 277 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    At the presentation i went to latter last year they est $20 million this year i think, in synergy savings from the chevron acquisition. Cant find the post to verify it its on sharetrader somewhere.
    Telegraphed back in Jan and confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.afr.com/business/energy/...0190502-p51jfu

Credit Suisse's equities seeking buyers for a 7.7 per cent stake in dual-listed petrol station owner Z Energy.
    The broker was offering 30.8 million shares at $NZ6.08 a share - a 4.6 % discount to the last close
    Credit Suisse was selling the shares on behalf of an "institutional investor" according to terms sent to fund managers.
    They say Lazard Asset Management selling out.
    hardly a ringing endorsement so soon after results
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hardly a ringing endorsement so soon after results
    What would be interesting to know is where Lazarus are placing the money. Thats a money trail I wouldn't mind following as it will obviously be going into something on this planet that offers a better opportunity, in their opinion, than Z.

A 4.6% discount for 30.8m shares or 7.7% of a company doesnt seem unreasonable to me. They will know their buy in point, will have added the dividends and know a exit price that reflects their view of value.

I'll have my eye on the open. Still got cash in the trading account. If we get a good enough market scare and consequent discount I'll be topping up.

Please continue with your negative posts.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    What would be interesting to know is where Lazarus are placing the money. Thats a money trail I wouldn't mind following as it will obviously be going into something on this planet that offers a better opportunity, in their opinion, than Z.

A 4.6% discount for 30.8m shares or 7.7% of a company doesnt seem unreasonable to me. They will know their buy in point, will have added the dividends and know a exit price that reflects their view of value.

I'll have my eye on the open. Still got cash in the trading account. If we get a good enough market scare and consequent discount I'll be topping up.

they might be investing in gull or waitomo who are the up and comers disrupting the cosy 3 some of BP , Z AND MOBIL
    one step ahead of the herd

they might be investing in gull or waitomo who are the up and comers disrupting the cosy 3 some of BP , Z AND MOBIL
    yeah. good one. or maybe sky tv?

Its a great bigly uge world out there. NZ is but a pimple on an elephants bum. I'm sure there are very many more opportunities out there than those that present them selves in our little set of south pacific islands

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

LOL occasionally some bull is helpful
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well that wasnt hard. 30.8m shares gone just like that. Just shows the sort of cash thats slopping around out there. I wonder who the new owners are?

Dog gone it !...I was hoping to stick a paw up for some.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

getting interesting, will the strength of that dividend hold it above 6.20?