sharetrader
Page 186 of 277 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teatree View Post
    Morningstar have a val on this of 6.35 (early July) how is this so removed from what the market thinks
    Doubt it would ever go to $6.35 (unless there is T/O but who would under the current outlook) but the recovery story is good. Apart from Jet and Marine fuel, other volumes are holding well. Effects of cost cutting will flow through over time.

Wasn’t long ago it was touching $3.

Disc: hold some in trading portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    There's quite a few different fuelcard vendors, some of which were offering at least 10cpl (20cpl on diesel), but there were some additional fees, so unless you're a major user it wasn't an overly economic method to save money. We've ended up just taking advantage of the discount days, and with Z we haven't bothered stacking for quite some time.
    Yeah I think the stacking thing has fallen down a bit as a result of Covid. Who can be bothered making repeat trips to Z or Caltex and putting in just $40 to stack points...over and over again...so many touch points including dirty fuel bowser handles touched repeatedly and so frequently. These days I wait till my car is flashing the warning fuel empty light, go to the nearest cheapest station which is usually Mobil and fill right to the top, pay and immediately thoroughly wash my hands. Sometimes I can get up to 3 weeks without needing to fill up, but usually about once a fortnight. EV owners who charge at home must be feeling a little bit extra smug in these strange times we live in with not having to touch potentially infectious dirty petrol bowser handles.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-09-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am all ears to where to apply for an account that would save me up to 20 cents per liter. Care to share more info ?
    Mobil Kiwi Fuelcard between 10c - 20c discount (currently 20c) unfortunately need to find someone who's a NZMCA member. The girls say they use various cards for discounts like Farmlands Card, Supercard -16c mobil, 12c Z, 12c Caltex .........listed a few below.

Appears there are heaps of options but never bothered looking before as I use a hybrid unless the boat hits water again which gobbles approx 46 - 50 litres per hour.

https://store.nzfarmsource.co.nz/partnerships/supercard

https://www.nzmca.org.nz/kiwi-fuelcards

https://www.farmlands.co.nz/Farmland...ners/CardFuel/

https://www.farmlands.co.nz/Products...ricing-update/

https://www.comparefuelcards.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its just not possible to condense enough energy into a large scale passenger plane with batteries. The weight kills it before it gets off the ground. This is the stuff or airline exec's with more time on their hands than they know what to do with and a guilty conscience for burning so much fuel. Chris Luxon another closet greenie with too much time on his hands so is dabbling with this folly too. I get it, you think this is a sunset industry. There's going to be very strong twilight for many decades to come, you read it here from me first. https://www.marketscreener.com/Z-ENE...015/consensus/
    Average broker valuation $7.14
    Its only a small plane but its a start.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...ission-flights

September 2020 Monthly Volume Data looked pretty good.

The main take home for me, overall Sept 2020 volumes were down 8% on Sept 2019.

Appears they're recovering okay, hopefully they can maintain -8% volumes and have cut 8% of their costs to match the loss in revenue.

Jet Fuel is obviously whats dragging the chain but seeing access to Australia about to open up, volumes could be much better next month!

Quote Originally Posted by gains View Post

Appears they're recovering okay, hopefully they can maintain -8% volumes and have cut 8% of their costs to match the loss in revenue.

Jet Fuel is obviously whats dragging the chain but seeing access to Australia about to open up, volumes could be much better next month!
    Believe this will also boost jet fuel sales ......... "Japan is planning to remove a ban on overseas travel to China and 11 other countries and regions including Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam and Malaysia next month while still advising against non-essential travel"

Quote Originally Posted by gains View Post

yes was good report. this is one stock that hasnt bounced back at all yet. we have recently brought a oversized position expecting what has been reported and with a slow grind higher over time in jet fuel sales and a resumtion in divs at some stage could be value at these levels
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes was good report. this is one stock that hasnt bounced back at all yet. we have recently brought a oversized position expecting what has been reported and with a slow grind higher over time in jet fuel sales and a resumtion in divs at some stage could be value at these levels
    Time for a rally, has lagged the market, probably oversold?

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Probably. I've topped up a little when under $2.70

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I caught up with our resident superstar cat, (not the snow variety) recently for a couple of drinks and was very impressed with his very deep knowledge of this company and the industry. He's been elevated to such stardom now I'm not sure he will be so free to express his views so liberally on this forum going forward.
    While I will not put words into anyone else's mouth (because that's not cool), there was nothing we discussed that changed my very jaundiced view of this company as I've already articulated, (succinctly summed up in post #1837).

They simply cannot be relied upon as a reliable dividend payer in my opinion. Some mutts are not worth holding, its as simple as that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-10-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine