sharetrader
Page 89 of 277 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

percy

No surprises there.
    Full Moon "Blue Moon" 19th May,so today's wyward thoughts can be explained.!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No surprises there.
    Full Moon "Blue Moon" 19th May,so today's wyward thoughts can be explained.!
    LOL might have had something to do with going to the boat show yesterday too
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

You going to a boat show when there is a full moon is not a good idea.
    Could lead to you being lead into temptation.
    Always remember the actual cost of each fish caught.!!......................................... ...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You going to a boat show when there is a full moon is not a good idea.
    Could lead to you being lead into temptation.
    Always remember the actual cost of each fish caught.!!......................................... ...lol.
    You're right Percy, it has lead to delusions that an somewhat aging Beagle could go on exciting adventures again....really "disappointed" lol I wasn't on board to do the rough water testing of the newly released Stabicraft 2250. See wave hit at the 18 second mark and effect...not sure that would have done the ol ticker much good lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8qBvw3ofyE
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Gee Whiz that full moon is affecting me too,
    Those boats look great.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're right Percy, it has lead to delusions that an somewhat aging Beagle could go on exciting adventures again....really "disappointed" lol I wasn't on board to do the rough water testing of the newly released Stabicraft 2250. See wave hit at the 18 second mark and effect...not sure that would have done the ol ticker much good lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8qBvw3ofyE
    Maybe you should consider this boat instead

http://www.nauti-craft.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I can see how that would work, but I really cant see it as necessary in recreational boating.

I did pick up some ZEL - finally! - I ve been hot on ZEL for ages but never managed to get on board).

I got them just before going XD with the intention of doubling up after going ex. but never got a decent chance..
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Discussion on radio this morning about the huge differences in regional fuel prices - like Wellingtonians essentially paying the extra fuel tax for Aucklanders

Z and the others have always been one ‘corrupt’ (maybe) group of companies

Buts its a free market and if they want to rip off certain groups there’s nothing to stop them. As they as they ‘maximising’ shareholder returns the loyal shareholders should be proud of how they behave and have no qualms as to their behaviour

Money counts
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Full service costs a little bit extra ?
    Forecourt concierge is valued by some people. Z is the only place I know of where you can reliably expect to get a bucket type container full of a really decent amount of windscreen cleaner and good quality brushes so when you clean your windscreen it lathers up nicely and does a really good job, (as opposed to the rubbish beaten to death like nobody cares windscreen brushes at Mobil and others with little or often no windscreen cleaner mixed into the water.

I would prefer not to put scratches into my windscreen glass with shonky equipment and just plain water...end of rant on that frustrating point.

Z stations including sub brand Caltex have a dominant footprint in very good locations around the country.

On a mid point of their forecast dividend (this company which sells what many people consider to be an absolute consumer staple) 51 cps fully imputed = 51/0.72 = 70.83 cps / $6.11 offers an 11.6% gross yield at $6.11. I think that's compelling in an ultra low interest rate environment and I don't think electric cars are going to make any meaningful impact until the mid - late 2030's.

Filled my car up at Z the other day. Before I came to a stop a lady was there. I hopped out of the car and she was offering to fill my tank. Thanks I said and then went on to clean the windows with a bucket of nice clean water/cleaner - and this was after 5.00pm. Its called service and I'm prepared to pay a bit more for it.

The alternative is the NPD down the road. no water, no service. no nothing. Its cheaper as it should be.

My money, my choice.