sharetrader
Page 101 of 277 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am in this purely for yield so have I have decided to exit my stake at this stage and will reevaluate my position in due course. The political climate is simply too hostile at present and I have noted a breakdown through the 100 day MA. The blatant hypocrisy of this Government with their rampant and repeated increases in fuel taxes makes me almost physically sick.
    AIR has a higher yield and is in my view a better risk-reward proposition at this point, (see my post in that thread this morning) and AIR's yield in my view is likely to be more sustainable over the very long term. FWIW that's where I redirected my capital...not much joy fighting Govt, might as well join with them with their majority stake in the airline. I have learned from my gentailier investments partnering with the Govt is much more rewarding than fighting them ! Good luck to holders.
    As stated above, I will reevaluate this one down the track a bit.
    Throw up all you like just keep a doggy bag under your mouth, clean up as you go thanks. I see youve chosen to carry on politicking on this thread. Just remember national have done nearly exactly the same amount in fuel taxes and patheticly wrote a "strongly" worded letter to the fuel companies about their profiting, NOTHING ELSE, pathetic. At least this govt is doing all it can to be pro active and try and force some changes on the Fuel companies. Thank dog for that!

Been a good time in ZEL for me but watching closely atm.

Its not politicking its calling out hypocrisy and I am certainly not the only one who thinks that ! The hard facts are that Labour in their very short tenure have implemented 2 x 3.5 cent fuel excise levy increases plus GST already and another one due to be implemented next year, total 10.5 cents plus GST, just over 12 cents per liter inclusive of GST, and another 11.5 cents per liter plus GST on a regional fuel tax for Aucklanders. That's a total of over 25 cents per liter inclusive of GST for poor families in Auckland in just 3 years ! Who's the real fleecer ? Better use a paper doggy bag eh...wouldn't want another 101 posts about excessive carbon emissions from plastic bags on here would we
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Hypocrisy or not, it's just obviously good politics to attack the oil companies. Only extreme greenies will vote for higher petrol prices.

Disc: Holding ZEL

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its not politicking its calling out hypocrisy and I am certainly not the only one who thinks that ! The hard facts are that Labour in their very short tenure have implemented 2 x 3.5 cent fuel excise levy increases plus GST already and another one due to be implemented next year, total 10.5 cents plus GST, just over 12 cents per liter inclusive of GST, and another 11.5 cents per liter plus GST on a regional fuel tax for Aucklanders. That's a total of over 25 cents per liter inclusive of GST for poor families in Auckland in just 3 years ! Who's the real fleecer ? Better use a paper doggy bag eh...wouldn't want another 101 posts about excessive carbon emissions from plastic bags on here would we
    Its politicking and youve refused to take it to the political threads and national did the same but did not make any attempt to do anything about it. Pathetic attempt there.Im sorry that this thread has been ambushed and here we are back to behaviour that for a while we had a quality break from.

Its been a good and relevant debate about who is fleecing who and if you reread the thread I am by no means the only one calling Labour out. National, 17 cents excise increase in 9 years, barely keeping pace with inflation and Labour 25 cents extra tax for Aucklanders in less than 3 years. Deep shame upon Labour for saying ZEL are fleecing the public. I'll leave it at that as the numbers speak for themselves. Good luck to ZEL shareholders.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

You are misinforming readers and sound like a rampant national supporter spreading trump like fake propaganda as ive noticed this dumbing down tactic by national and on here. happy to take this to the political threads.Will not stand by watching this thread being polluted with fake propaganda.Totally unnecessary and dragging down sharetrader imo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its politicking and youve refused to take it to the political threads and national did the same but did not make any attempt to do anything about it. Pathetic attempt there.Im sorry that this thread has been ambushed and here we are back to behaviour that for a while we had a quality break from.
    Politics and business are linked. The Labour Government clearly have The Petrol retailers in their sights at the moment. The ComCom report gives the green light for them to go on the offensive. It will also be politically convenient for them to shift the spotlight to the oil companies and away from the recent increases in excise and levies.

However if excises and levies were reduced where else would the necessary funding be raised?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Politics and business are linked. The Labour Government clearly have The Petrol retailers in their sights at the moment. The ComCom report gives the green light for them to go on the offensive. It will also be politically convenient for them to shift the spotlight to the oil companies and away from the recent increases in excise and levies.

However if excises and levies were reduced where else would the necessary funding be raised?
    Inextricably linked, agreed but the real question is was it necessary to start increasing fuel taxes by four times the rate as previously ? Seeing someone seems all bent out of shape we're discussing it on here, perhaps we should move this debate to its own thread here https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...116#post769116
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-08-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    Might soon retirement, electricity and banking stocks follow zel because these stocks are very next target for this govt. should have known this earlier.
    Yes....I have been concerned about electricity for some time. Banking not so much. Government have to be careful tho, as if they are to heavy handed, then the companies simply won't spend on capital improvements / more generation. And they need to be careful re the dividend as they are 51 % share-holders and presumably need the dividend. But I agree, regulation of the industry is a risk for the Gentailers and shareholders. Disc: Hold all the power companies.

Our retail power prices are apparent 20% below the OECD average but someone might try and argue they should be lower still because of the abundance of hydro.
    The Governments 51% shareholding and considerable GST income from power should hopefully ensure common sense remains the status quo !
    Disc: Own several gentailiers.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-08-2019 at 06:37 PM.