sharetrader
Page 28 of 277 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

They would get more though after com com gave the goahead re caltex hence what have they heard re com com?

Guru

Default A very nice chart

A great technical chart...In hindsight I wish I was in ZEL (money invested elsewhere).
    Still in a strong bull mode.

Crafty buggers setting the float price around $6.20 as that price and down to $6.10 will not cause any Technical breaks...

Note:...I'm not a great Trend fan as trendline break during corrections...but look at the primary trend line and notice it had tandem support with the EMA100...together they reinforced that rising support into a very strong supporting structure...

Personally, I would not have sold out on some sell signals knowing that as long as that strong tandem trend held I would assume it would only be a shallow correction playing out.

Where to now?...In a trading halt
    The chart is strong no sell signals to date
    With the float to be announced I would look to see if 663 becomes a top (a resistance point)...if so I would apply the investing law .. don't buy near resistance levels, buy near support levels with tight stops..

Disc:..Due to the bearish NZ market, I'm bound to my TA discipline to cease buying. Best of luck to the buyers..

Guru

ZEL has been a good investment for IFT. Against market sentiment, IFT's price is up today so far. Perhaps some think it is an opportune time for IFT to exit? MET's SP is up too - does the market think that IFT may be looking to use some of the proceeds to increase its stake in MET?

IMO

Maybe but personally its not encouraging me to take up craigs offer ; not that I've heard from them atp.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Superfund still keeping 10% i heard. How much are they ,re $6?. Int they sold before the deal was done on Caltex.The s/p will rise higher .Creates a little doubt about comcoms decision.

Yes very interesting JT,I didn't take up any of the offer or any of the Contact offer(its back to around its offer price) .As Hoop suggests this will most likely reset its share price back to the book build price until the details of the Caltex deal becomes known
    What does Infratil know that we don't know ??? Possibilities
    Caltex deal in doubt ???
    A bigger opportunity coming up for Infratil at a discounted price ???
    A big market drop coming up ???
    Infratil can't see markets recovering soon or any new opportunities so paying spare cash back to shareholders ???
    Last edited by kiora; 30-09-2015 at 01:29 PM.

IMO

Yes more prequels then astarwars movie. I still haven't been contacted by my advisor which suggests all the instos and Big sophs may have hoovered up the offer. If so thats a good thing.

I hope the regulators investigate the trading in the last 2 weeks.
    Trust but clarify is the mantra!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    A great technical chart...In hindsight I wish I was in ZEL (money invested elsewhere).
    Still in a strong bull mode.

Crafty buggers setting the float price around $6.20 as that price and down to $6.10 will not cause any Technical breaks...

Note:...I'm not a great Trend fan as trendline break during corrections...but look at the primary trend line and notice it had tandem support with the EMA100...together they reinforced that rising support into a very strong supporting structure...

Personally, I would not have sold out on some sell signals knowing that as long as that strong tandem trend held I would assume it would only be a shallow correction playing out.

Where to now?...In a trading halt
    The chart is strong no sell signals to date
    With the float to be announced I would look to see if 663 becomes a top (a resistance point)...if so I would apply the investing law .. don't buy near resistance levels, buy near support levels with tight stops..

Disc:..Due to the bearish NZ market, I'm bound to my TA discipline to cease buying. Best of luck to the buyers..

Isn't it over brought on Williams % though or is this indicator no good?Chart looks like price has been 'pushed up' ?
    Trilogy chart may look better ? ..... For now
    Last edited by kiora; 30-09-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Isn't it over brought on Williams % though or is this indicator no good?Chart looks like price has been 'pushed up' ?
    Trilogy chart may look better ? ..... For now
    Yep its over bought on the William %R (14) too...The Williams is OK to use..It can be dramatic at times with small non-volatile movements but you can get use to that when you know how the Williams is calculated...Williams can come in handy or can be a curse when stock prices flatline and indicators become less reliable...
    The reason why I haven't included it... is...no reason really...I had a set of indicators already locked in the program when I actioned the ZEL chart

I've already got a momentum oscillator included, that of RSI (14).......William %R is also a momentum Oscillator ...They both telling the same story (over bought)
    Last edited by Hoop; 30-09-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    .......Chart looks like price has been 'pushed up' ?....
    Hmm... there is strange behaviour.....a mass of buy signals triggered during a flatline of the share price thanks to a big volume day on the 27th August..there was no announcements around this time, but at that time Mr Market called it smart money entering...The price Gap up on the 23rd Sept was when ZEL updated the Market, however the Market had already commenced its rally a couple of weeks before..so a fair question for a Chartist to ask... "was this announcement anticipated?"
    Last edited by Hoop; 30-09-2015 at 11:24 PM.