sharetrader
Page 34 of 277 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

IMO

Yes good point.Its up to ZEL to prove their biodiesel up and get rid of the negative overhangs of the past fuel issues.

IMO

Hate it when this happens.Z is limping down and closing in on 200DMA close to a sell signal with the RSI weak.Re a 12 % drop from its high.Has only dipped very briefly below 200DMA in the last two years but looking inevitable atp to move down through it. Reason ?i haven't one yet.anyone else?.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hate it when this happens.Z is limping down and closing in on 200DMA close to a sell signal with the RSI weak.Re a 12 % drop from its high.Has only dipped very briefly below 200DMA in the last two years but looking inevitable atp to move down through it. Reason ?i haven't one yet.anyone else?.
    There is a lot happening on the competition /margin front I think and it will be interesting to see how that translates to the bottom line. With an official 91 price of $1.969 at the moment, the number of towns etc that are now routinely 20 c/l less than that have increased significantly over the last couple of years, for the road trips I do . Add to that the new Fly Buys instant discounts (which they needed, to compete with the AA Reward discounts) and there must be a bit of pressure.

Much like AIR and NZR, if the TA fires off sell signals, it is probably best to step aside and see where it settles.

Disc: Anecdotal commentary only. I have not followed ZEL closely.

its all this electric car talk. a large number of corporates have committed their fleets to moving electric, IFT are talking electric buses. soon even trucks will be charging up.
    It may take a while , but it is inevitable. And the future arrives faster than you think.
    Last edited by peat; 15-10-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its all this electric car talk. a large number of corporates have committed their fleets to moving electric, IFT are talking electric buses. soon even trucks will be charging up.
    It may take a while , but it is inevitable. And the future arrives faster than you think.
    check out there electric vehicle presentation very interesting - the waka scenario is really scary for Z
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Thanks guys. S/P has bounced up to $8.15 dipped since to$8.02 up re 4 %. Craigs and others were saying oversold @$7.72.
    Perpetual have sold down 4 mill plus shares.
    4 announcements out since my post too; heres the electric car one
    Z Energy 'house view' - electric vehicles

IMO

Its a very good read(Z house view).heres 1 little snippet

Manufacturers’ research and development focus is now predominantly electricpowertrains, with some manufacturers intending to stop any further internal combustionengine R&D by 2025. The six renowned Japanese automobile manufacturers (Toyota,Nissan, Honda, Suzuki, Mazda and Mitsubishi) all have expansive targets and plans
    to increase production capacity of EV car models. Similarly, the main Europeanmanufacturers that supply the New Zealand car market (Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi and Renault) have consistent plans. The most prominent example is BMWwith its recent public announcement that “the future is electric – a new strategy to rollout more electric cars and add self-driving features faster than their rivals”.

Veteran novice

Thanks, Jt, an interesting read.

Z make the statement " with no upstream interest in fossil fuels" they are well placed for an EV future. No "upstream" interest but they do have a significant interest in NZ Refining whose entire business is the refining of fossil fuels.

I hold a few Z's.

Veteran novice

Increased profit and dividend from ZEL - the "Caltex" effect.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11745581

Vision over Visibility

I must say, thanks MacDuffy for posting that. it's a good read.

This news put ZEL on the radar for me and have bought 3 reasonable bundles now circa $7.10 -$7-20. I liked that post merge they have 49% market share and gain synergies (cost out) as they consolidate the 2 business models post acquisition. There was an interesting post in past few days by Percy, where he shared that he looks for stock future EPS growth to be 2 times P/E - so I took a look at 4-traders financial forecast today for ZEL and fits the bill at present (2x to 4x P/E 2016-2018 estimated); with target price $8.51 and outperform. I'm no chartist, yet looks like we had the double bottom (?) during December and perhaps soon to cross the 90MA, possible 100MA.
    Expecting also Increased profits passed on from NZR with it's good run of late too on refining margins as a factor.
    Possibly on the way to $8 SP?