sharetrader
Page 49 of 277 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Its hard debating against the REAL FACTS isn't it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The Commerce Commission have a history of doing little more than drinking tea and nibbling biscuits where petrol retailing is concerned.

When the earlier Caltex takeover of Fletcher owned Challenge Petroleum was approved by the Commission they failed to make divesting Challenges ocean terminals a condition of approval.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    ComCom have an inconsistent record!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...Its not just Z rorting their customers I tell ya ! There's a LOT of heat over this petrol price thing and if Labour ignore it they do so at their peril.
    It does seem like Labour is diverting attention from the excise increase - necessary though raising capital may be to cover the postponed investment in Auckland transport needs.

Tbh I have not been following the situation as closely as I should have. However wasn't there concern by some that the oil companies were operating as a cartel during the previous government? Wasn't the can just kicked down the road for someone else to deal with?

It does sound a wee bit like the witch hunt against Telecom and Chorus. That then may have resulted in reduced investment and a squeeze on contractors ( with consequences emerging now in the form of labour exploitation.)

Big Oil and Big Telcoms are easy targets for whom the general NZ public don't have a reserve of compassion.

The graphic in this article is revealing. I'm sure most have already seen it but I've just caught up with it. Out of $2.45 for a litre of 91, $1.177 is for taxes, GST, and the emissions trading scheme. Just 39.9 cents is for retailer overheads and profits. That doesn't seem like the industry is "profiteering". Looks like the retailers, slinging pies and pumping gas, are getting crumbs. The Government on the other hand seems to be doing very nicely.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12140094

Good on the Herald for producing such a good graphic. Show that to the average punter and the Government kind of has some explaining to do.

Bjauck, you are right. Easy target. Yet professions like dentists charge an absolute fortune but are always under the radar.

PS when I wrote "slinging pies and pumping gas". I was thinking of the Hal David lyric "parking cars and pumping gas" from "Do you know the way to San Jose"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzTgUc5ycc
    Last edited by Bobdn; 10-10-2018 at 11:05 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its hard debating against the REAL FACTS isn't it !
    Correct atp national have increased petrol excise tax WAY more (n their last 3 terms )and not done the infrastructure spend that would have avoided the current bottleneck in Auckland etc. check again after labour have been info 3 terms and get back to me.

Z Card - the card for Kiwi businesses

• Get a discount of 6 cents per litre at Z service stations and 11.5 cents per litre at Z truck stops.

IMO

Z is the only fuel company where you can fuel your Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollar™ balance every time you fill up! Then, spend your Airpoints Dollars on flights, special gifts and travel benefits. great point of difference!

Z also does flybys, great marketing!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Z is the only fuel company where you can fuel your Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollar™ balance every time you fill up! Then, spend your Airpoints Dollars on flights, special gifts and travel benefits. great point of difference!

Z also does flybys, great marketing!
    It's good marketing indeed, because the points your receive and the value of them is pretty much nothing. A huge waste of time. But people do get sucked in by these kind of things so all power to Z.

IMO

And of course the discounts offered on new world and paknsave grocery dockets its a win /win for all of those that need to watch their dollars.

IMO

• Targeting dividend payout ratio of 90-100% of underlying free
      cash flow, i.e. 50-55 cents per share at midpoint of guidance

Petrol companies offer between 10c - 18c discount per L using monthly accounts for certain groups like nzmca (nz motorhome & caravan association) which suggest prices are loaded to cover.

Buy a hybrid which charge themselves & save heaps.