sharetrader
Page 50 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

• Targeting dividend payout ratio of 90-100% of underlying free
      cash flow, i.e. 50-55 cents per share at midpoint of guidance

To boot - A NZ company which is paying interest to NZ bond holders and dividends to NZ shareholders and KiwiSaver schemes.

From my point of view, It would be great if the discount scheme cards could be loaded on to paywave so that one wave of the phone could pay for the petrol and account for the discount!

IMO

Yeah quick and efficient. Meanwhile the times are slowly but surely a changin. No we are not there yet but we will be as peoples habits are adapted.

$1b Auckland park 'n ride plan

Share price continuing to take a beating today. What's everyone's thoughts on where things are at right now?

Quote Originally Posted by sanctus671 View Post
    Share price continuing to take a beating today. What's everyone's thoughts on where things are at right now?
    15 down days out of the last 20.
    Expect more to come.
    And then when it goes ex dividend another 50 cent drop which might not recover for awhile?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    S

One thing that's not widely understood with Gull's fuel is that they use up to 10% ethanol in their mix. Ethanol has 33% less energy content than normal fuel so in effect their fuel contains 3.3% less energy. To do a given amount of work your vehicle will accordingly use 3.3% more fuel, (something I have proved us9ing my vehicle running on their force 10 98 Octane fuel) if run on Gull so Gull's fuel has to be cheaper by 3.3% than the other stations (after their incentive scheme's) to make it worthwhile. Even then one thing to consider if you are a person that enjoys the potential of their cars engine to its fullest from time to time is that full throttle acceleration will be blunted by 3.3%.
    Thats a very important point , thanks. gull is not the white knight that many think.
    From Wikipedia

"Octane ratings are not indicators of the energy content of fuels. (See Effects below and Heat of combustion). They are only a measure of the fuel's tendency to burn in a controlled manner, rather than exploding in an uncontrolled manner.[3] Where the octane number is raised by blending in ethanol, energy content per volume is reduced. Ethanol BTUs can be compared with gasoline BTUs in heat of combustion tables."

Quote Originally Posted by sanctus671 View Post
    I picked up a few @6.49 ... case of catching falling knives, but "think" they'll be around for a while yet, and with divis being paid.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle29103634/

Other issues with ethanol as well especially with older cars.
    Once a year I put a load of their Force 98 in my Chrysler because it bonds with any moisture in the tank and helps eliminate that and then I'm back to Mobil 98 Octane. BP Ultimate 98 is heinously overpriced in my opinion and Z are stupid not to sell 98 Octane because there's a lot of American and Euro cars that require it.

Z are under the pump because they will soon be forced into full disclosure of their margins and I think despite the figure they produce their margins are the most excessive. They seem happy to trade losing market share to maintain very high margins. Not sure how long that strategy is sustainable and with electric cars coming I see Z as having ongoing headwinds.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12145550

Z under the pump even more today. Chart looks really UGLY. Mr Market appears to be saying that Z's previous claims of modest margins are about to be exposed by legislative compulsion. Really shameful that they wouldn't fully cooperate with Com Com under previous investigation and that legislative change is required to compel cooperation. What have they been lying about and hiding ?

They're certainly not the only ones exhibiting predatory pricing behavior. BP N.Z. Ltd have enjoyed some really outrageous profit increases in recent years all on the back of the poor beleaguered motorist.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Thats a very important point , thanks. gull is not the white knight that many think.
    From Wikipedia

"Octane ratings are not indicators of the energy content of fuels. (See Effects below and Heat of combustion). They are only a measure of the fuel's tendency to burn in a controlled manner, rather than exploding in an uncontrolled manner.[3] Where the octane number is raised by blending in ethanol, energy content per volume is reduced. Ethanol BTUs can be compared with gasoline BTUs in heat of combustion tables."
    But i will keep buying Gull ,the reason being the ethanol is cleaner burning and less polluting.

Crude and brent oil down 7% plus in a month and gasoline 12% so i expect pump prices to drop .Nymex USA futures contracts
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 25-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.

But i will keep buying Gull ,the reason being the ethanol is cleaner burning and less polluting.

Crude and brent oil down 7% plus in a month and gasoline 12% so i expect pump prices to drop .Nymex USA futures contracts
    Just make sure your vehicle is compatible with E10 fuel otherwise you'll be shooting yourself in the foot which is no good seeing as the best way to stop pollution is to walk