sharetrader
Page 51 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    But i will keep buying Gull ,the reason being the ethanol is cleaner burning and less polluting.

Crude and brent oil down 7% plus in a month and gasoline 12% so i expect pump prices to drop .Nymex USA futures contracts
    Pump prices drop soon ......thanks to Jacinda for making them a tad scared
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just make sure your vehicle is compatible with E10 fuel otherwise you'll be shooting yourself in the foot which is no good seeing as the best way to stop pollution is to walk
    Yep do a lot of walking. Its the best way to lose weight btw. Hey there is an interesting book out ive just read and done a 3 day cleansing diet with. "The Plant Paradox" very interesting ideas and research for a healthy lifestyle.The green avo and spinach and lettuce and mint and lemon juice and ice and water smoothie worked a treat.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pump prices drop soon ......thanks to Jacinda for making them a tad scared
    Yes, I'm sure Jacinda scared the living daylights out of those OPEC producers, making them drop the Price of Oil.

I see Z Energy majority-owned Flick is in the news a lot at the moment. As a Z Energy shareholder (albeit very small) I wondered if it was a good idea adding Flick or at the very least spending as much as $46M on it. Flick hasn't really added many customers since May last year and it appears that a fair percentage of customers seem to head for the door at the first sign of spot price trouble rather than ride it out. I like the idea of a spot price option but just at this stage New Zealanders don't seem keen on it. Having said that, Flick seems to be a pretty slick, innovative operation with good customer service.

I'm attending that Craigs Investor Road Show next month featuring Mercury (don't hold), Summerset and Z Energy. I"ll be interested to hear why they thought it was a good idea to purchase Flick, I'll keep an open mind. Maybe doing something really old fashioned like paying off more debt would have been a better use of the cash. I'll be interested to hear what they say.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12150226
    Last edited by Bobdn; 28-10-2018 at 03:10 PM.

profit down quite a bit and outlook suggests more (less profit) to come... any comments? it was worst then i thought but maybe divestment might be the way to go?

This doesn’t seem to be good news

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/8...s-drop-21.html

usually profit cut comes in 3... so this is the 2nd time? maybe one more to go...

Last year this fandangled ebitdaf thing $449m

First guess for F19 was $450m

Next guess F19 $420m ($30m lower)

Latest guess $400m ($20m lower)

Think I am justified in using the bottom of the range ...the top of the range is to give you warm fuzzies and a bit of hope,

Yes, more lower guesses to come I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lol they keep getting caught out by the wild swings in oil between 66 - 70 ... will have to keep ramping petrol prices higher to make back the losses
    was saying they would be caught out by the wild oil swings in oil
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last year this fandangled ebitdaf thing $449m

First guess for F19 was $450m

Next guess F19 $420m ($30m lower)

Latest guess $400m ($20m lower)

Think I am justified in using the bottom of the range ...the top of the range is to give you warm fuzzies and a bit of hope,

Yes, more lower guesses to come I reckon
    Cindy on the warpath over fuel prices too. (Most transparent attempt I have ever seen to divert attention from the Governments own highway robbery with their taxes).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine