sharetrader
Page 58 of 277 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    CTX (Caltex) and VEA (Shell ) on the ASX at 1 year lows (listing low for VEA from july) .
    CTX PE 9.55 D/Y net 4.37% ( source ASB)
    CTA Yield hardly impresses at all. In my opinion if ZEL can start to look like it can deliver on fully imputed annual dividends of 50 cps + it will recover to trade based on yield which should hopefully see a good share price recovery over time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

One should ask why holders would dump 18m shares in last few days if stock had such huge potential

imo another PUMP n' DUMP ..............as if market needs more rollers coaster rides

Do not hold

^^^ZEL's new dividend strategy is better in your hands than our's and the number of one off's in the latest half year result significantly disappointed the market. Market was expecting an interim dividend about 4-5 cps above the 12.5 cps announced. This stock has transformed into an investment where investors are primarily focusing on yield. I think ICE engines will be around for far longer than some of the EV Evangelists believe and ZEL will provide a very high yield for the foreseeable future. Forecast yield of 15.5% gross when it got down to $5.20 was too good to be true and couldn't last. Some people saw it and could understand that and others were too slow...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Those quick on their feet will be reaping the rewards for years to come. Not a pump and dump as far as I am concerned. In my late 50's I want stocks that are going to make my life very comfortable going forward and for me that means adding more retired into the term semi-retired. Very high yield in a consumer staple is a great relatively safe way to enhance my lifestyle going forward. I can be all over the country for free with the dividends especially with a new ride arriving for Christmas that uses about 40% less fuel than the last one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-11-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

zel is a trading stock , been trading it for ages when it was in the range from 7 - 8. out when it broke down. last few days is a oversold bounce in a down trend now , downtrend because the company fundamentals are for a declining legacy business and the new div policy reflects this. not a stock i would plan to hold for increasing divs over time
    one step ahead of the herd

Average broker forecast divvy for FY21 is about 57 cps fully imputed, (about 79 cps gross). I doubt anyone expects that will grow much over time, certainly I don't. Some people like myself are buying for the yield and eventually when yield starts to tail off due to mass uptake of EV's...well...if I live that long I will consider I've had a fair innings and be happy to address the issue at that time probably by buying an EV myself and lowering my living costs.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-11-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Buying in 520’s (or for some even less) was always good buying

Now approaching 570 but not too late to join the party as heaps more upside here.

One broker has a target of 830 — that’s 40% upside

And don’t forget that divie if that’s your game .....some reckon a 16% yield in a couple of years .....can’t get much better than that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buying in 520’s (or for some even less) was always good buying

Now approaching 570 but not too late to join the party as heaps more upside here.

One broker has a target of 830 — that’s 40% upside

And don’t forget that divie if that’s your game .....some reckon a 16% yield in a couple of years .....can’t get much better than that
    Should one buy into a company which one thinks may get into trouble for price manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Should one buy into a company which one thinks may get into trouble for price manipulation?
    Margins have gone down as is clear for all to see in their latest half year report. Cindy claiming that her recent 15 cents per liter of extra recent taxes, (for Auckland inclusive of the new Auckland regional fuel tax) is not to blame for the recent surge in prices is completely farcical. Nobody believes her and she has lost huge amounts of political capital over her blatant hypocrisy. Yet another one of her limp wristed wet bus ticket review committee's will be formed, what are we up to now ? 149 of them ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Margins have gone down as is clear for all to see in their latest half year report. Cindy claiming that her recent 15 cents per liter of extra recent taxes, (for Auckland inclusive of the new Auckland regional fuel tax) is not to blame for the recent surge in prices is completely farcical. Nobody believes her and she has lost huge amounts of political capital over her blatant hypocrisy. Yet another one of her limp wristed wet bus ticket review committee's will be formed, what are we up to now ? 149 of them ?
    Yep the Govt are the real crooks not the fuel companies, I mean taking $1.06 out of the cost of every liter, what a rort.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep the Govt are the real crooks not the fuel companies, I mean taking $1.06 out of the cost of every liter, what a rort.
    I think that $1.06 that's been reported is the national average. If you're "lucky" enough to live in Auckland you can add 11.5 cents per liter to that for their new Auckland regional fuel tax, a whopping total of $1.175 per liter in tax for Aucklanders for every liter of fuel consumed !