sharetrader
Page 64 of 277 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Your post displays a complete lack of understanding of the oil industry and how they measure their profits. Their primary profit measurement basis is replacement cost. I don't have the time to explain it to you so I would suggest if you want to tool-up and understand this company better you start with their recent half year presentation available on the NZX website.
    funny , i used to work in the oil industry ... if z was doing so well why is there share price crashing? maybe oil price does have a little to do with it over the short term. i suggest you read up on it .... there is a certain amount of production that is influeneced by trhe price of oil. they buy oil and send it to nz refining. sometimes nz refining wears the cost sometimes z wears the cost

i havnt the time for silly debate it averages out over time

Last edited by bull....; 14-11-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

"We're certainly looking forward to a better second half where lower prices mean perhaps people have a little bit more money to spend and our volumes return and our margins perhaps track back to where they were previously.
    Petrol price drop could boost earnings - Z Energy

Much of this was evident when their SP was circa $5.25 recently and this clearly evident change in exchange rates and oil prices and implications for ZEL is not rocket science by any means, albeit belatedly highlighted by the company. Canny investors who were quick off the mark and bought into a heavily oversold position based on clearly evident changed circumstances and cum a nice fully imputed dividend should give themselves a pat on the back and maybe treat themselves to something nice with that dividend. I've already spent mine on a new car due to arrive shortly which will use 40% less fuel...kind of a dividend reinvestment scheme in a way...
    As one starts to head toward retirement, lowering one's cost base makes profound common sense in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Good on you lowering your carbon footprint.

Any idea how a stock can open at $5.94 and close at $5.86 and ASB tells me it gained 1.5 or 0.3% ?

Went ex dividend ....they adjust yesterday’s close down by the 12.5 cents.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Plus the change is from the previous days close (less the dividend in this instance) - not the open - could be 2 different prices

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Britain and France to ban the sale of Petrol and Diesel fuelled cars/vans from 2040 says the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Britain and France to ban the sale of Petrol and Diesel fuelled cars/vans from 2040 says the Guardian.
    So that means that we'll probably ban new ICE vans and cars sometime in the 2050's and with a 14 year replacement cycle there will still be plenty of cars and vans burning petrol and diesel well into the 2060's.