sharetrader
Page 65 of 277 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

So NZ won't be clean and green...

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    So that means that we'll probably ban new ICE vans and cars sometime in the 2050's and with a 14 year replacement cycle there will still be plenty of cars and vans burning petrol and diesel well into the 2060's.
    It also means you are investing in a 'sunset industry'. Early days yet, but the warning signs are there (T/A below death cross etc.) Take care.

(Disc- not holding and not tempted by recent 'lows'.)

sunset industry , even z say in there presentations peak petrol is not far away. dont forget more discount competitors are expanding in the market. it was a bounce trade only
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    It also means you are investing in a 'sunset industry'. Early days yet, but the warning signs are there (T/A below death cross etc.) Take care.

(Disc- not holding and not tempted by recent 'lows'.)
    Only 26% of fuel sales are petrol. Aviation fuel sales continue to grow at a compound rate of 5-6% per annum. Diesel sales are also growing.
    By the time dividends start to tail off on the balance of probabilities it won't be a problem for me...more likely my kids problem.
    Electric cars en masse with a decent range at a price the vast majority of Kiwi's can afford is further off in the future that most people reckon, well, that's my bet anyway...
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Volkswagen cheapish electric cars...

https://electrek.co/2018/09/24/vw-ne...-price-report/

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Volkswagen cheapish electric cars...

https://electrek.co/2018/09/24/vw-ne...-price-report/
    U.S$30,000 = approx. $65,000 - $70,000 Kiwi inclusive of GST by the time Giltrap as the distributor gets their greedy paws on it.
    You can buy a new well regarded (eg Toyota Corolla / Honda Civic) similar sized ICE engine car for less than half that money and have no range anxiety. Even then I think most Kiwi buyers of vehicles this size buy them second hand. Most popular price range last time I checked for the average person is a second hand buy in the range of $12,000 - $15,000. Plenty of that type of business still to be done in that price range well into the 2040's in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Its just not possible to condense enough energy into a large scale passenger plane with batteries. The weight kills it before it gets off the ground. This is the stuff or airline exec's with more time on their hands than they know what to do with and a guilty conscience for burning so much fuel. Chris Luxon another closet greenie with too much time on his hands so is dabbling with this folly too. I get it, you think this is a sunset industry. There's going to be very strong twilight for many decades to come, you read it here from me first. https://www.marketscreener.com/Z-ENE...015/consensus/
    Average broker valuation $7.14
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 04:08 PM.

IMO

Its interesting alright and thats one reason humans are at the top , innovation, invention,improvements, efficiency ,and pollution in spades and right now those first three are necessities.The future for aviation is exciting as we have been cornered by our own spoilage into coming up with the mother of many inventions for a sustainable future.