sharetrader
Page 210 of 277 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the price break back above 2.65 and into the channel invalidated the pattern ( this happens as patterns are not 100% full prove ) so i assume we are back in the large trading range at the lows. i stick with my div trap thinking though.
    Interesting statement there, top of range $3.40 less current 2.89 is 51 cents or 17.6 percent ... translation: TIME TO BUY
    Last edited by Habits; 11-05-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Interesting statement there, top of range $3.40 less current 2.89 is 51 cents or 17.6 percent ... translation: TIME TO BUY
    You only have today and tomorrow to top up if you want the div. Not a bad yld at 7%. Ex div on 20/5/21.

Yeah buy now....ex dividend ...sp gives up 14c too...
    So..buy at $2.80...ex dividend will be $2.70 .. possible lower...

It will take weeks or months to gain. Back your capital n your capital will be under water

Food for thought.
    Is the dividend sustainable ?
    What is ZEL's track record like with previous dividend forecasts ?
    How fast is the tide going out with the switch to EV's ?
    How fast are the minnows continuing to erode ZEL's market share ?
    Is swimming in what appears to be a steadily outgoing tide worth the risk ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    $2.80 is way too cheap for a company that forecast at least 20c dividend
    Am not too worried about sp dropping on ex div day. have made 113k profit so far this financial year and would like to start my LTDS ( Loss To Div Swap) process to get my profit down for tax reasons. There must be plenty of sellers, because every time I buy more somebody keeps putting more to sell at $2.81c.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Food for thought.
    Is the dividend sustainable ?
    What is ZEL's track record like with previous dividend forecasts ?
    How fast is the tide going out with the switch to EV's ?
    How fast are the minnows continuing to erode ZEL's market share ?
    Is swimming in what appears to be a steadily outgoing tide worth the risk ?
    The NZ Govt's new Kiwi Saver provisions exclude Kiwi Saver funds investing in carbon/petroleum industry..... I guess that means Z. GLH.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    The NZ Govt's new Kiwi Saver provisions exclude Kiwi Saver funds investing in carbon/petroleum industry..... I guess that means Z. GLH.
    Currently all the money is sitting in conservative funds , would a conservative fund have something like ZEL in it , I doubt it, so shouldn't be selling pressure coming from
    that direction. It obviously precludes the new providers from investing in them for their New "balanced" funds.

Advanced Member

Had to drop into Z last week at Bombay while heading south. Got a top up of petrol and was very impressed with the clean toilets and the food presentation, and can now understand why lots of customers were eating pies as I was about to leave. Just couldn't resist, so went back in and bought one, it was a good pie, plenty of filling delicious, and it felt good being a customer in a company you are part owner of

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    If $50 cash flew out of the ZEL till and landed on the footpath... would those whose virtues tell them to avoid petroleum investments, pick it up and pocket the money

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    If $50 cash flew out of the ZEL till and landed on the footpath... would those whose virtues tell them to avoid petroleum investments, pick it up and pocket the money
    I imagine NZG ministers drive cars and fly in aeroplanes made of recycled paper and powered by flux capacitors and would happily add the treasure trove to treasury coffers
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-05-2021 at 02:55 PM.