sharetrader
Page 244 of 277 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    even if borders were to open next year, it'll just be a trickle compared to pre-pandemic I bet, I believe it was Boeing that expect business to return to normal around 2024
    I expect International Borders to be open by Xmas this year as NZ and Worlds vaccination rate will be around 80%-90% or better
    Message is get vaccinated or stay home as this will be last lockdown, everyone needs to decide quickly.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...730/352778.pdf

Announcement of Ampol's conditional takeover offer made on 23rd August so 4 weeks due diligence will end on Monday, 20th Sept.

Guess the Ampol team will be burning the midnight oil over the weekend with a view to making a final offer on Monday or next week then.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Announcement of Ampol's conditional takeover offer made on 23rd August so 4 weeks due diligence will end on Monday, 20th Sept.

Guess the Ampol team will be burning the midnight oil over the weekend with a view to making a final offer on Monday or next week then.
    That would be the reason ZEL reaffirmed guidance. $3.78 deal to proceed with 12 cent interim dividend to shareholders as the extra, I called it first
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Yes, this is the time to get out now before 5pm this afternoon if you think the deal will fall over. On the other hand, this is the time to get in before 5pm if you think the deal will be made. I am going to hold for now, but if a lot of sellers at close then might pick up a few more on that closing weakness.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yes, this is the time to get out now before 5pm this afternoon if you think the deal will fall over. On the other hand, this is the time to get in before 5pm if you think the deal will be made. I am going to hold for now, but if a lot of sellers at close then might pick up a few more on that closing weakness.

with you on that one too .. must be some more coin yet to fall out of the pocket of our cobbers over the way, if they are serious ..

Our Covid lockdowns has given $3.78 a lot of credence, and may end up as the final figure. Plus a final dividend.

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/ampo...0210919-p58sxp

Looks like deal is ready to move to next stage - negotiations on payment of dividends by ZEL in the event of regulatory delays.

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/ampo...0210919-p58sxp

Looks like deal is ready to move to next stage - negotiations on payment of dividends by ZEL in the event of regulatory delays.
    Good on them for looking after shareholders. MET shareholders got stabbed in the back by their own directors with not only the takeover price but the complete absence of dividends during the prolonged takeover process. If one company takes over another it should get the company itself, not the accrued earnings in between when the deal is originally proposed and when it finally settles which can be many, many months later. Any director that thinks otherwise should be deeply ashamed of themselves including the entire former MET board.

I want my interim dividend later this year, tell AMPOL to get stuffed in they think they can get.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-09-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

looks like the smart money bailed judging from the share price movement.

if ampol bails next week i see a under $3 share price again
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looks like the smart money bailed judging from the share price movement.
    you're just angling to buy cheaper.
    there are no significant share price movements recently.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....