sharetrader
Page 261 of 262 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2611

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Independent Report will say fair price us $3.55 to $3.90 …..shareholders should accept in other words
    . To say extreme valuations are “justified” is also to say that long-term market losses are “justified.” .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    BP wild bean coffee rocks. Our resident expert guru, now head of shareholders association who knows this industry extremely well told me some interesting information about this sector, (which I am sure he won't mind me sharing) including the average weekly instore purchases at BP sites compared to ZEL...I am going off memory here but I think it was about 3.5 times higher at BP, average across the country. $131K v 35K from vague memory, figures were from a while back.

I still hold in the hope there is a chance of a better offer but I am not holding my breath.
    You're right its going to be a long sunset. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise but it is going to be an accelerating trend. Once EV's achieve price parity with regular ICE vehicles the rate of decline will really begin to accelerate. They'll still be selling fuel in the 2040's and 2050's but it won't be anything like the volume now. I think Z put out some graph in their presentation of volume expectations in the years ahead...I'll see if I can find it or maybe someone else will share ?

Thanks to Winner emailing me some research on comparative multiples for other industry players overseas I have reached the preliminary conclusion that 12.4 times EBITDA looks like a pretty fair price to me but I will reserve judgement until we get the independent valuation.

Yes a very long sunset. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...302/351087.pdf
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...302/351086.pdf
    Thanks for the info Beagle. Will not have time to read all that, but am also in this for a quick buck. Whatever happens, it doesn't really mater who is the best brand, they will all be foreign owned. The question is, do we take our profit now or wait a couple of months for an extra amount of $ks?

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thanks for the info Beagle. Will not have time to read all that, but am also in this for a quick buck. Whatever happens, it doesn't really mater who is the best brand, they will all be foreign owned. The question is, do we take our profit now or wait a couple of months for an extra amount of $ks?
    Hope you pay your tax on dem quick bucks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Hope you pay your tax on dem quick bucks
    Don't worry about the tax, I have that all under control. My accountant of the last 20 years or so did his apprenticeship and auditor with the IRD. I have a good system. But this is not the time or place to talk about this. Maybe at the next ST meeting if you want to learn some good ways of getting around things.

We might as well play possums stuck in the headlights for a while, at least until we get a look at the independent appraisal report and go from there.
    Probably be what Winner suggested above.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.

Looks as though the market is pricing in a 83% probability that the deal goes ahead.

Don't worry about the tax, I have that all under control. My accountant of the last 20 years or so did his apprenticeship and auditor with the IRD. I have a good system. But this is not the time or place to talk about this. Maybe at the next ST meeting if you want to learn some good ways of getting around things.
    Thanks. I’ll pass.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joh13 View Post
    Looks as though the market is pricing in a 83% probability that the deal goes ahead.
    Probably a good probability of extracting more coin out of the Aussies too
    ... the fine art of sniffing out debits & credits hidden under the carpet can pay dividends ...

I wonder what Ampol will do with the $50M green and white elephant that is Z biodiesel plant, or if their due diligence to date has identified that fact? Their future fuels strategy presents biofuels as blending and distribution opportunities across the existing network rather than development and production, with hydrogen taking centre stage alongside electricity as the most likely transition path.

ShareTrader Legend

Quote Originally Posted by malreid View Post
    I wonder what Ampol will do with the $50M green and white elephant that is Z biodiesel plant, or if their due diligence to date has identified that fact? Their future fuels strategy presents biofuels as blending and distribution opportunities across the existing network rather than development and production, with hydrogen taking centre stage alongside electricity as the most likely transition path.
    probably scrap it. they just want the the z sites
    bull
    One step ahead of the herd