sharetrader
Page 197 of 277 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

I noticed Z's prices are on par with BP now. They were always a lot cheaper but maybe lower prices does not always increase market share.

No interest in ZEL?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...421/339015.pdf

Petrol volume on par with PCP
    Diesel up 4% PCP
    Jet Fuel down 60% PCP

Even selling more sausage rolls and chocolate bars with convenience store sales increasing 5.9% on a like for like basis.

Once the planes come back we should be rocking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    No interest in ZEL?

Once the planes come back we should be rocking.
    That's what I'm waiting for. I figure it is a sentiment thing rather than a fundamental issue that is holding the price back.

So only a year or more to wait then

Yeah and I'm not sure I'm keen to wait around that long.

My average buy in is $2.77 so sitting on a small double digit gain. Bought after the COVID slump.
    I have zero passion for ZEL so have done zero research- (funny since 'DYOR' seems to be the topic of today).
    Purchased purely on 'beaten up COVID affected stock that will rebound because vehicles will continue to need fuel', in the medium term future.

Might just let Mr Market digest this news over the next few weeks and set a price for me. Take the gains and remove from my watch list
    Last edited by Rawz; 20-01-2021 at 03:03 PM.

"Purchased purely on 'beaten up COVID affected stock that will rebound because vehicles will continue to need fuel', in the medium term future"

EV's are not going to require fuel, I cant see this rising anytime soon, I sold out at $2.90 last year. The growth of EV's and the lack of airline movements will keep the SP down around its current levels. Yes, EV's may take a bit of time to grow in the NZ market but grow it will and as I drive around in my 4 litre gas guzzler, I seem to see more and more. I'm now a convert and fancy the new FORD Mustang Mach-E.

I am all for EV's but reading things like this makes me think the roll out could be slower than the average person thinks..

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...pply-of-cobalt
    Last edited by mcdongle; 21-01-2021 at 08:15 AM. Reason: cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    I am all for EV's but reading things like this makes me think the roll out could be slower than the average person thinks..

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...pply-of-cobalt
    Definitely varies by country.. and Z is only in NZ but here is a quote from an article today

The company also noted governments around the world were putting quotas in place around EV take-up rates across the next three decades, led by China which is targeting EV penetrations rates of around 40 per cent by 2030, just nine years away.

Lots of people are assuming that there will be widespread adoption of EVs in the short term. It's easier said than done. Aside from production capacity constraints and cost, there are a myriad of issues which will take a long time to resolve.
    eg. using the heater in an electric vehicle during cold weather can reduce EV range by over 40 percent
    https://medium.com/@angelica.schreye...s-1201efd8b99f

I've noticed that car chargers are usually taken as more EVs hit the road, so if you need a charge outside (considering the average range of a lLeaf is only 200km) and you can't find a charger it's akin to looking for a toilet when you're busting. Of course, more chargers will be built over time, but installers have to balance demand with over-investment in infrastructure, so no one's going to build thousands of charging stations overnight.

This is why I think Z will quietly continue generating good returns over the next decade.

Bit of a sunset industry eh. Will be interesting to see how Z and it's peers pivot to meet the requirements of the changing landscape.

Maybe a mixture of a one stop shop for fast car charging, cafe, mini supermarket, car wash etc.