sharetrader
Page 106 of 277 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That was Aug 22 — share price 620/630

A lot can happen in a few weeks eh
    Yeah it sure can. Let the first half go at ~ $6.40 so average exit not as good as Peat but not far off.
    Funny thing Peat is I was just wondering myself the other day when it hit $6.50+ whether I'd let Jascinda's barking frighten me off. Turns out she did me a favour lol
    In another ironic and lucky twist I was just chewing it over, over my muesli for breakfast this morning whether I'd made a mistake selling a little while ago and would buy half them back this morning.... so it was quite a timely company update.

You need a bit of luck to go with good TA, FA and CA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Bit of a worry this ANZ guy - we missed the GFC and it’s still to hit us

11 September 2019
    ANZ Global Chief Economist Richard Yetsenga says many small economies have made the same mistake of presuming the financial crisis had nothing to do with them.

He says the reality is it takes longer for the ripples of economic issues to reach small open economies like New Zealand and Australia.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Is it a concern to anyone that the SP dropped 30 cents yesterday, BEFORE today's announce? Wouldn't have thought ZEL was leaky but now I have suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bit of a worry this ANZ guy - we missed the GFC and it’s still to hit us

11 September 2019
    ANZ Global Chief Economist Richard Yetsenga says many small economies have made the same mistake of presuming the financial crisis had nothing to do with them.

He says the reality is it takes longer for the ripples of economic issues to reach small open economies like New Zealand and Australia.
    Same guy that predicted we'd be 40p against the Pound by now ? That's quite an ivory tower he lives in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Is it a concern to anyone that the SP dropped 30 cents yesterday, BEFORE today's announce? Wouldn't have thought ZEL was leaky but now I have suspicions.
    You sure it was 30 cents ? From memory I recall it fell about 20 cents and wasn't far out of line with the general market which was down ~ 2%.
    Not defending these guys as really they should have updated the market earlier if things are as tough as they're saying...

FWIW I think there's a real chance this goes back down to $5.20 again in due course but the real question is, (if it goes there), does that make it a buy again ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-09-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Does appear that way, was rather a large drop y'day from the usual trading pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Does appear that way, was rather a large drop y'day from the usual trading pattern.
    Some of the generators dropped a lot yesterday as well.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Some of the generators dropped a lot yesterday as well.
    True, they seem to have recovered a bit today and no price sensitive news from them either unlike in ZEL's case. That's the difference.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You sure it was 30 cents ? From memory I recall it fell about 20 cents and wasn't far out of line with the general market which was down ~ 2%.
    Not defending these guys as really they should have updated the market earlier if things are as tough as they're saying...
    Sorry, 30 cent drop was an exaggeration, it dropped 29 cents from the previous day close, on no news. Then today happened!

Sorry, 30 cent drop was an exaggeration, it dropped 29 cents from the previous day close, on no news. Then today happened!
    That's quite a lot more than what is suggested by the 2% market drop of the NZX50 isn't it. Hmmmm

No really. ACC started to sell 1% of their holding, September 11
    Last edited by ananda77; 12-09-2019 at 06:03 PM.