sharetrader
Page 108 of 277 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Crikey there's some serious quantities of corporate speak in there, enough to spin anyone's eyeballs and ears and as you suggest its quite possible they believe their own "speak" I really "like" page 58 wherein they talk about transitioning to a new way of competing and leveraging their "market leading" position so they can deliver earnings growth in a changing industry.
    Yeah right...their new strategy is obviously working really well...
    Wonder how many boffins they have on their payroll on $250k+ to come up with presentations like that one...
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-09-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

this could be a scandle for Z and tank the share price

Z Energy accused of raising prices before offering a discount

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/115...ing-a-discount
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    this could be a scandle for Z and tank the share price

Z Energy accused of raising prices before offering a discount

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/115...ing-a-discount
    That guy must be pretty thick if he’s just noticed this rort ...been going for ages

He also probably hasn’t noticed he’s not paying the 10 cents Auckland region levy either - rest of the country ‘subsidising’ that

Shareholders should be proud of their company though - maximising shareholder returns and all that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That guy must be pretty thick if he’s just noticed this rort ...been going for ages

He also probably hasn’t noticed he’s not paying the 10 cents Auckland region levy either - rest of the country ‘subsidising’ that

Shareholders should be proud of their company though - maximising shareholder returns and all that
    lol yes our local tends to raise prices often just after a big discount and then they drop back a week or so later to the price before the discount. scamming all round these loyalty schemes.

After yesterday’s wipe out will the share price go up today?

Divie of 48 cents for $5.70 is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    After yesterday’s wipe out will the share price go up today?

Divie of 48 cents for $5.70 is pretty good.
    11.7% inclusive of imputation credits is good, no question. Is the current level of dividend sustainable going forward though ? That as they say, is the $64,000 question.
    Yesterday's drop did a lot of damage to the technical's with breaks of the 100 and 200 day moving average.
    I think the risks are to the downside and another test of the $5.20 region wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    11.7% inclusive of imputation credits is good, no question. Is the current level of dividend sustainable going forward though ? That as they say, is the $64,000 question.

For what its worth around my area, Z are consistently the most expensive.
    "For what its worth around my area, Z are consistently the most expensive."

my 5 cents worth: I always knew I would not feel comfortable holding Z, but the yield was just too tempting. I bought a small number a shares (1253) at 6.54 - yield 6.5% fully imputed. Now I am a long term holder, most likely 5 years.

I always fill up at various Gull stations, because with Gull, you know what you get - no mucking about with bonus schemes and the likes, and I never stopped at Z...just the most expensive lot and for what reason?

I sometimes stopped at BP to use the bonus on the AA card, but it turned out, even with the bonus, they are more expensive then Gull.

Gull seems to be the most up-to-date retailer with their no gimmicks approach and with their speed lanes, to me its no wonder that other retailers are going to eat dirt.

Z IS my biggest mistake I have done in the market for the last 20 years+. Bugger...60m profit downgrade based on bonus schemes? You got to be kidding...This is stupid and I am stupid...
    Last edited by ananda77; 13-09-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    "For what its worth around my area, Z are consistently the most expensive."

my 5 cents worth: I always knew I would not feel comfortable holding Z, but the yield was just too tempting. I bought a small number a shares (1253) at 6.54 - yield 6.5% fully imputed. Now I am a long term holder, most likely 5 years.

I always fill up at various Gull stations, because with Gull, you know what you get - no mucking about with bonus schemes and the likes, and I never stopped at Z...just the most expensive lot and for what reason?

I sometimes stopped at BP to use the bonus on the AA card, but it turned out, even with the bonus, they are more expensive then Gull.

Gull seems to be the most up-to-date retailer with their no gimmicks approach and with their speed lanes, to me its no wonder that other retailers are going to eat dirt.

Z IS my biggest mistake I have done in the market for the last 20 years+. Bugger...60m profit downgrade based on bonus schemes? You got to be kidding...This is stupid and I am stupid...
    If this is your biggest mistake in 20 years Ananda kudos to you! I have made much bigger mistakes in my much shorter time in the market. You are not stupid at all, you are in the same boat as people with much bigger holdings who will be sitting on much big losses so dont beat yourself up things could have been much worse.

I got out of my small holding recently only to see the sp jump up and I thought bugga, now I am feeling grateful. I also got out of SML recently and now I am feeling grateful for that. But I also hold Vista and I am way in the red with that one and not feeling grateful. So its swings and roundabouts eh

plenty of sellers lining up , hrly bollinger show plenty of room to fall with a rising dmi

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    plenty of sellers lining up , hrly bollinger show plenty of room to fall with a rising dmi
    So it’s not looking too good