sharetrader
Page 128 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

This part is interesting for those who live in areas with high prices:

"Share everywhere, use anywhere. Fill your Sharetank in Tauranga. Share it with Gran in Timaru. Add pre-paid litres in Cambridge. Fill up in Christchurch."

Geographical arbitrage ...

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    This part is interesting for those who live in areas with high prices:

"Share everywhere, use anywhere. Fill your Sharetank in Tauranga. Share it with Gran in Timaru. Add pre-paid litres in Cambridge. Fill up in Christchurch."

Geographical arbitrage ...
    Forgive me asking the obvious but does that in some way allow someone to get around Auckland's highway robbery fuel tax ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Forgive me asking the obvious but does that in some way allow someone to get around Auckland's highway robbery fuel tax ?
    Exactly what I was thinking Beagle. Looks like it does and shows once again that people will always find ways to avoid silly taxes !

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking Beagle. Looks like it does and shows once again that people will always find ways to avoid silly taxes !
    Not too subtle payback / preemptive strike against regulators for the perceived injustice of the fuel price study ? ZEL skating on thin ice with the regulators with this app in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://help.sharetank.co.nz/en/artic...y-to-sharetank

Fuel prices in NZ contain several taxes and levies. When you fill up at a Z station, these are included in the pump price. Because Sharetank searches for the lowest Z pump price within a 30km radius, fuel taxes and levies—where applicable—are included when you top-up. There’s no need to pay anything extra when you redeem your Sharetank litres.
    So if the top-up location is within the Auckland fuel-tax area then presumably the tax is paid even if the fuel is redeemed elsewhere!

... but does seem to be a way to avoid the tax by using the reverse strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    http://help.sharetank.co.nz/en/artic...y-to-sharetank

So if the top-up location is within the Auckland fuel-tax area then presumably the tax is paid even if the fuel is redeemed elsewhere!

... but does seem to be a way to avoid the tax by using the reverse strategy.
    But if you ‘top up’ in Wellington (and other places) then you’ll be paying most of the levy anyway

But then again somebody told me the levy is calculated on deliveries to the outlet anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Petrol is pretty cheap here in Whanganui in a regular basis
    Z here today $2.04

Not sure that it would be worth the hassle of sharktanking for mates even if they were in Auckland though?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

We need to develop our own sharetrader/sharetanking app to make it easy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Petrol is pretty cheap here in Whanganui in a regular basis
    Z here today $2.04

Not sure that it would be worth the hassle of sharktanking for mates even if they were in Auckland though?
    Long way to drive to top up Peat.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Long way to drive to top up Peat.
    but um yeh the shared tank thing is why I comment.
    I'm going to investigate coz my mate has a rotor and you know what they're like for fuel.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....