sharetrader
Page 135 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Good to know Z is taking the fight to the Gull competition.

Filled up at Z in Botany area today. 95 base price: 239.9 minus 10c discount = 229.9 (+FlyBuys). The cheapest Gull has to offer in the area for 98 = 234.7 (most Gull stations offer 236.7)

Was in Napier this weekend. The port looks smallish, but lots of containers loading and lots of logs on the piers. Main traffic between Taupo and Napier - Log trucks - . Anyway, Gull offered a super cheap 214.7 for 98. So filled up the tank and used Z sharetank to buy a few loads 95 for 224.9.

Coutts owes me a cider if Jacinda says that motorists are being "fleeced". Fuel study report out tomorrow. ZEL has been weaker lately, leaky ship of a tough report ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Coutts owes me a cider if Jacinda says that motorists are being "fleeced". Fuel study report out tomorrow. ZEL has been weaker lately, leaky ship of a tough report ?
    Couts won’t be buying

Tomorrow will be a non event in reality
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

bit of a ho hum what we already knew that petrol companies and the govt rorting us

"The combination of infrastructure sharing and restrictive supply relationships gives the major fuel companies an advantage. There is a reduced ability for importers to compete for customers of the majors and for distributors and dealers to obtain competitive wholesale supply terms."
    The terminal-gate pricing regime would improve competition by creating the potential for a liquid spot wholesale market to develop, Rawlings said.

the above might create more competition and crimp z profits over time

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...how-to-improve
    one step ahead of the herd

Kept some people busy ...the report is 589 pages

Ho hum stuff made even more boring but heck 589 pages means somebody has done a good review
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12291094

I asked Mrs Beagle to get some popcorn sorted out for later today. Should be an entertaining day once Jacinda weigh's in.
    I'd bet my last dollar the term "fleeced" will be used.

What is clear at this stage is that over time ZEL's profits are going to come under even more pressure so I'm am out and staying out and I do not believe their forecast dividend this year of (at the mid point of forecast 49 cps), is sustainable.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Z are going to release a statement - conference call this afternoon

"
    BP responded to the report by saying it needed to read it more fully"

I still think the Marsden refinery is an asset owned jointly by the Big Four and I dont understand the principle of why they must share. Its their toy and they might not want to share.

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

Yes, I'm inclined to that view too, peat, although the big oil co's don't own the refinery outright, of course. How many players do you need in an industry to ensure competition? The answer of course is - it's political.