sharetrader
Page 138 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

As I said before this is the best example of double standards by a Labour govt I've ever come across and I'm a card carrying Labour member.
    I regard this lot, (apart from Andrew Little) as the most disingenuous bunch of hypocrites I have ever had the
    dubious distinction to behold.
    For example, with the tax rate over $ 48,000 -which isn't a lot of money-being 30%, they are quite happy to pillage and plunder every workers measly
    pay increase to the tune of 30%, and thereby shaft their own working constituency, as well as milk them dry with excise tax
    every time they go to the petrol pump.
    Then there is 15% G.S.T. after that, as well as Govt. charges going up on a regularly basis. I mean, how much does it cost to print a passport.
    They are venal hypocrites and a disgrace to humanity.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Might be prudent to practice chewing $1 and $2 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    As I said before this is the best example of double standards by a Labour govt I've ever come across and I'm a card carrying Labour member.
    I regard this lot, (apart from Andrew Little) as the most disingenuous bunch of hypocrites I have ever had the
    dubious distinction to behold.
    For example, with the tax rate over $ 48,000 -which isn't a lot of money-being 30%, they are quite happy to pillage and plunder every workers measly
    pay increase to the tune of 30%, and thereby shaft their own working constituency, as well as milk them dry with excise tax
    every time they go to the petrol pump.
    Then there is 15% G.S.T. after that, as well as Govt. charges going up on a regularly basis. I mean, how much does it cost to print a passport.
    They are venal hypocrites and a disgrace to humanity.
    Very good post. https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...nder-criticism
    What this confirms is that Aucklanders are currently paying just on 80 cents in Govt levies inclusive of Auckland road tax plus GST.
    At an average of about $2.30 for fuel in Auckland GST is another 30 cents of that so that's a total of ~ $1.10 in Govt imposed charges per liter of petrol for over 1.5m motorists in Auckland.

There is no argument that this is highway robbery. ZEL makes 3.5 cents per liter after all costs and tax. I think its crystal clear who is the "real fleecer"
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-12-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

If you'd like to suggest how Auckland's roads and national roads should be financed that would be good. But a reminder, Aucklanders only pay about 70% of the property rates, water included, than i do in ChCh . So maybe they just need to suck it up.

My view is that ~ 1.5m Aucklanders already pay a disproportionate share of national roading costs in that many from Auckland very rarely venture south of the Bombay's.
    The Auckland regional fuel tax just adds insult to injury. I have a deep suspicion that not all of the money collected in fuel excise levies is actually spend on roads.
    How much gets siphoned off to the consolidated fund, that's the real question ?

Maybe the tourists, (the ones who most commonly use roads like the one down the West Coast that badly needs major repairs once again after the current floods), should pay tolls on these sections of roads that most Kiwi's very seldom use ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-12-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Advanced Member

My view is that ~ 1.5m Aucklanders already pay a disproportionate share of national roading costs in that many from Auckland very rarely venture south of the Bombay's.
    The Auckland regional fuel tax just adds insult to injury. I have a deep suspicion that not all of the money collected in fuel excise levies is actually spend on roads.
    How much gets siphoned off to the consolidated fund, that's the real question ?

Maybe the tourists, (the ones who most commonly use roads like the one down the West Coast that badly needs major repairs once again after the current floods), should pay tolls on these sections of roads that most Kiwi's very seldom use ?
    Tut tut Beagle....what about our poor farmers ?
    Our roading network is an extensive (unspoken) subsidy for them.

Petrol was $1.30 labour weekend in Adelaide, have no idea if they pay tax but take away the $ 1 or so we pay in tax and we be paying the same. The govt report and the "fleecing comments" are a crock of **** - but put in the public and they believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Petrol was $1.30 labour weekend in Adelaide, have no idea if they pay tax but take away the $ 1 or so we pay in tax and we be paying the same. The govt report and the "fleecing comments" are a crock of **** - but put in the public and they believe it.
    My point exactly. Australians do pay fuel excise with their fuel, (which maintains their vast national roading network) but $A1.30 = N.Z.1.35 throws into stark contrast how badly fleeced Kiwis are with our fuel excise charges ! How can they maintain their vast raod network so efficiently compared to how we're so obviously price gouged ?

My point exactly. Australians do pay fuel excise with their fuel, (which maintains their vast national roading network) but $A1.30 = N.Z.1.35 throws into stark contrast how badly fleeced Kiwis are with our fuel excise charges ! How can they maintain their vast raod network so efficiently compared to how we're so obviously price gouged ?
    Gold Coast Qld was $1.34 earlier this week but about $1.54 last week.

When Shell was around we only paid something like Ausi price plus 10c/Liter.

Somethings gone wrong.