sharetrader
Page 144 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Z say loyalty is key driver of market share ...not pump prices
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

You guys have got it all wrong. Mobil have been spending on extensive advertising telling Kiwi's their fuel gives "advanced" fuel economy lol
    Even says so on their website so must be true https://www.mobil.co.nz/en-nz/synergy-fuels

"Advanced" is quite a "bold" claim. Online dictionary cut and paste below...I'll leave it for you guys to decide if Mobil are being deliberately disingenuous or whether this is just within the bounds of normal creative marketing but its well worth noting they don't provide any independent studies to verify their "bold" claim.

advanced[ ad-vanst, -vahnst ]SHOW IPA
    SEE SYNONYMS FOR advanced ON THESAURUS.COM

adjective
    placed ahead or forward:
    with one foot advanced.
    ahead or far or further along in progress, complexity, knowledge, skill, etc.:
    an advanced class in Spanish; to take a course in advanced mathematics; Our plans are too advanced to make the change now.
    pertaining to or embodying ideas, practices, attitudes, etc., taken as being more enlightened or liberal than the standardized, established, or traditional:
    advanced theories of child care; the more advanced members of the artistic community.
    far along in time:
    the advanced age of most senators.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-01-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Perhaps I'm biased, as a small holder of ZEL, but I get a lot of chuckles from reading wealthy Sharetrader gurus agonising over a few cents per litre every time one or other of the retailers ups the price!

Been super beneficual to be using Z sharetank of late. Those living in Wellington get Petone prices and get 34 cpl discount on petrol

Suppose Z know what they doing with all their amazing customer data stuff and algorithms

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Been super beneficual to be using Z sharetank of late. Those living in Wellington get Petone prices and get 34 cpl discount on petrol

Suppose Z know what they doing with all their amazing customer data stuff and algorithms
    Not reflected in today's share price which could be being dragged down by Aust market and in turn by US on late Friday.

Also Bull had this to say:

from z statement today

The contractual arrangements that Z has with the New Zealand
    Refining Company (NZX: NZR) means we havea ‘floor’ in the
    processing fee that we pay to the refining company. Third party
    forecasts regularly provided toZ estimate that during 4QFY20
    refining margins will drop below the ‘floor’ level and may
    require Z to ‘top up’the refining company

bull
    Last edited by Davexl; 13-01-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

not surprised diesel sales well down , govt's new taxes on diesel make it more expensive than petrol now

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...375/315549.pdf
    one step ahead of the herd

Caltex retail petrol sales down just on 20% is quite a remarkable decline given most people have reasonable entrenched habits regarding fuel purchases.
    Margin's look under pressure too and refining margin ahs taken a huge hit.

This is the bottom and it gets better from here or is the trend definitely NOT your friend...that's the $64,000 question.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Caltex retail petrol sales down just on 20% is quite a remarkable decline given most people have reasonable entrenched habits regarding fuel purchases.
    Margin's look under pressure too and refining margin ahs taken a huge hit.

This is the bottom and it gets better from here or is the trend definitely NOT your friend...that's the $64,000 question.
    At least it wasn’t a profit downgrade

But downgrades often follow reaffirmation

FY - I have no idea ...doubt they know either

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ... given most people have reasonable entrenched habits regarding fuel purchases ...
    Absolutely. My habit is to purchase fuel always where I can get it most economically (considering fuel price and cost of access). If possible I try to avoid as well any complicated discount schemes and prefer an honest and good price to rebate schemes with endless conditions attached. I suppose I am not the only one.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least it wasn’t a profit downgrade

But downgrades often follow reaffirmation

FY - I have no idea ...doubt they know either
    Good they dangle that 40 cps annual fully imputed dividend out there so dividend hounds will be pleased they can get 40 / 0.72 = 55.56 cps gross so at $4.70 that's a gross yield of 11.8% The problem is its literally anyone's guess whether that's sustainable or not.
    For what its worth last time I made a foray into ZEL the forward yield was 15% gross. I didn't think I could lose there and didn't.
    For the shares to give a 15% yield with the current dividend forecast they'd need to be 55.56 / 0.15 = $3.70

I'm happy to watch this one from the sidelines at this stage.