sharetrader
Page 151 of 277 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    NZD down 7 % ish oil down 45% ish , Peat do you really think this company that holds itself as a “ good nz company “ is doing the right thing by us ?
    its not Z's mandate 'to do the right thing', however it does try to present itself as contributing to communities and being a good NZ corporate citizen etc but one has to see this as marketing.
    It is up to other companies selling fuel to keep Z honest.

I take a pretty keen interest in petrol prices and Z are a bit dearer than the Gulls and Waitomo's but they offer foredeck assistants and restrooms etc so that's not unacceptable. Still cant find a way to get value from sharetank though I do get notified via the App now when they have a 10c off day
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Thanks for the reminder about sharetank Peat.
    If retail prices ever come down to a level commensurate with where oil is at, (not holding my breath), it might be time to load up on that system.
    In the meantime its quite possibly worth noting that sales of jet fuel must be under pressure with worse to come.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

oil is at levels seen in the GFC and yet retail petrol prices still at levels that can only be seen as rorting the consumer. z is trying hard to protect shareholders obviously by keeping prices high but it masks the fact corona will severely dent demand and z volumes will suffer greatly in time if the virus spreads in NZ.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its not Z's mandate 'to do the right thing', however it does try to present itself as contributing to communities and being a good NZ corporate citizen etc but one has to see this as marketing.
    It is up to other companies selling fuel to keep Z honest.

I take a pretty keen interest in petrol prices and Z are a bit dearer than the Gulls and Waitomo's but they offer foredeck assistants and restrooms etc so that's not unacceptable. Still cant find a way to get value from sharetank though I do get notified via the App now when they have a 10c off day
    In the Botany area, Z is on par with Gull most of the time and I have come to like their discount schemes. We usually top up the 91 car (40 for the city runner) and stack the discounts for the 95 cars.

I like the idea of 'carbon count'. I simply can not complain about Z (apart from the bloody share price).

I tell you a little story how they deal with customers if problems arise. Bought a new car and silly me, connected the credit card to the wrong number plate. It took a few months, but eventually, someone with the correct number plate filled up on my credit card using Fastlane. Contacted Z and within 5 days, they refunded the money.

I agree, filling up the sharetank may be a tad early, but it would not be a serious mistake in the long run.

As far as crude prices concerned, it will be over in a few months (last Q in 2020) and back to normal in 2021. In the meantime, only in times like this does it make sense to accumulate crude contracts

Jet fuel demand is literally going to crash with the new travel restrictions.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

What a crazy market!

ZEL up over 9% today!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    What a crazy market!

ZEL up over 9% today!

cheap oil = high margins.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hey mr bennett oil just plunged 23% again tonight to lower than the GFC when petrol price going to plunge
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Hey mr bennett oil just plunged 23% again tonight to lower than the GFC when petrol price going to plunge
    buy crude derivatives at 7 and fill up the sharetank

Sharetank (max 1,000 liters) will be a very good idea after fuel prices drop right down to reflect the current price of crude. That probably won't happen for 6-8 weeks.
    As usual, retail fuel prices go up like a rocket and fall down like a feather.