sharetrader
Page 155 of 277 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Banned

Yup ..been buying too. Next week will see people back to work. 2 weeks later move to alert 2. Planes are ready to fly too.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/12115...ookings-bounce

Legend

I went to the local Z Service Station on Sunday evening for a few essentials

Not one other person or vehicle on the pumps or forecourt there (20+ group of pumps on quite a large area)

Apparently this is occurring often now I was lead to believe & trade was very light for what was a very busy outlet

On the very low activity now there which must be prevalent nationally, I would be cautious looking at Z shares

Also further large levies due to NZR (The Refinery) being likely on low volume processed comes to mind with Z
    & other major Petroleum company retailers - are these at all likely ?

Another issue may be forward committed bulk purchases ? (similar to AIR) comes to mind..
    Last edited by nztx; 21-04-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Banned

Update on how much fuel they sold are on the announcement. At least they still selling n business still running. Compare with others stocks

400k people will go back to work next week plus business to get ready this week.

One assumes those people will walk n bike to work? Perhaps put a tap water on petrol tank.

PS. Not to mention extra kgs that they gained during the lockdown. The cars will burn more fuel....
    Last edited by King1212; 21-04-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Update on how much fuel they sold are on the announcement. At least they still selling n business still running. Compare with others stocks
    even if it's a fraction of 'normal times' on drastically curtailed customer activity..

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

PS. Not to mention extra kgs that they gained during the lockdown. The cars will burn more fuel....
    Instant place on the marketing team for that one.
    Hey you fatties, buy more gas coz you know, you're gonna need it.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

CEO on Hoskings this morning .... Sales down 80% in Level 4, expected to be around 60% in Level 3.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    CEO on Hoskings this morning .... Sales down 80% in Level 4, expected to be around 60% in Level 3.
    Well that's a positive, sales up about +20% from -80% to -60%. Then lock down level 2... level 1... Maybe sales up 70% to 80%. Val Approx $8.50, NTA $6, Dividend 47c when petrol flowing, Div YLD 14%, sp at 10+ year low. Couldn't resist dipping my toe in last week purchasing 2 blocks under $3 and 2 blocks over $3.10c, for long term gain.
    Last edited by see weed; 22-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Well that's a positive, sales up about +20% from -80% to -60%. Then lock down level 2... level 1... Maybe sales up 70% to 80%. Val Approx $8.50, NTA $6, Dividend 47c when petrol flowing, Div YLD 14%, sp at 10+ year low. Couldn't resist dipping my toe in last week purchasing 2 blocks under $3 and 2 blocks over $3.10c, for long term gain.
    Sorry to pour cold water on your enthusiasm, but FY20 divvy is cancelled as per their recent update...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sorry to pour cold water on your enthusiasm, but FY20 divvy is cancelled as per their recent update...
    Not to forget ZEL have a poor track record of "shocking" the market and messing around with their dividends. Its also a company with very high gearing and is rapidly losing market share, not to forget propping up NZR. Then there's the long term questions. They're huge jet fuel suppliers. How many years before demand for jet fuel returns to anything like what it was ? Will this lockdown change people's driving habits in the future ? Will electric cars start to take off over the next few years ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Like I said master Beagle...one assumes to walk or bike to work next week. Or put water on the tank.

400k people will go back to work next Tuesday. Not everyone is on retirement like most of us here