sharetrader
Page 165 of 277 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Veteran novice

Am I missing something here? Are "clients of discount brokerage firms" somehow second class investors?
    Yes, discount clients pay discounted brokerage and receive discount service.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Bit of desperation if Jarden are accepting applications from Direct Broking clients? Pretty unusual if the issue is even slightly popular.
    I thought that Jarden owned Direct Broking.

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    Am I missing something here? Are "clients of discount brokerage firms" somehow second class investors?

Personally, I use Jarden/Direct Broking because (a) they are linked to my bank, ANZ and (b) I prefer paying 0.2% per trade instead of the 1%+ I was paying at Forsyth Barr (daylight robbery, if you ask me).

So, seriously, what am I missing here? I'm keen to know.

[PS. Jarden/Direct Broking notify clients of every offer, NZX notice and corporate announcement. Just sayin'. ]
    Firms will typically only engage their higher value customers for share placements. Hence it isn't often that DB clients are invited to subscribe for these offers.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Firms will typically only engage their higher value customers for share placements. Hence it isn't often that DB clients are invited to subscribe for these offers.
    I believe Jarden’s non-existing ZEL shareholder clients got scaled back to 40% of what they asked for in the placement. Fairly popular, as the price increased from $2.85 to $2.90 at the last minute too.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, discount clients pay discounted brokerage and receive discount service.

I reckon I've saved about $20,000 in 6 months. That must have been some premier service I'm missing out on, to be worth that much.

Meanwhile, my TD Ameritrade fees for trading the US markets have dropped to almost zero. No premier, hand-holding service there either, I guess.

Personally, I use Jarden/Direct Broking because (a) they are linked to my bank, ANZ and (b) I prefer paying 0.2% per trade instead of the 1%+ I was paying at Forsyth Barr (daylight robbery, if you ask me).

So, seriously, what am I missing here? I'm keen to know.

[PS. Jarden/Direct Broking notify clients of every offer, NZX notice and corporate announcement. Just sayin'. ]
    I am a longstanding Direct Broking client and I didn't get notified of the SPP for ZEL. Where did you see it? I am wondering if I have fallen off a mailing list. I would have preferred a firm allocation to fighting over it in the retail offer and having money tied up for a couple of weeks.

I personally dont understand the logic behind NOT applying for the wage subsidy. They were clearly negatively impacted, well above the 30% required.

I can't see much public backlash for applying for the subsidy, especially when they are having to do a cap raise.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I personally dont understand the logic behind NOT applying for the wage subsidy. They were clearly negatively impacted, well above the 30% required.

I can't see much public backlash for applying for the subsidy, especially when they are having to do a cap raise.
    Meanwhile, they're asking for help in other ways...

Z Energy puts biofuel plant to sleep, asks for Govt money

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...for-govt-money

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I am a longstanding Direct Broking client and I didn't get notified of the SPP for ZEL. Where did you see it? I am wondering if I have fallen off a mailing list. I would have preferred a firm allocation to fighting over it in the retail offer and having money tied up for a couple of weeks.
    I received 5 emails from Direct Broking at 0905 on Monday morning, relaying the various notices on the Halt, Placement, SPP, etc. There was also a warning banner on the Direct Broking website when you logged on, saying something like, 'If interested in the ZEL placement, call our brokers on 0800 xxx xxx". My one complaint is the midday deadline (an unseemly rush?), which I missed mention of anywhere. But then I didn't chase it as I'd already decided on waiting for the SPP and a possible lower price.

So yes, I would check your contact settings and/or give them a call and ask whatsup?

May not have been a 'firm' allocation anyway. The Placement notes talked of "...existing shareholders(including those participating through a broker) will be given priority to obtaining a prorata allocation in the Placement".

I received 5 emails from Direct Broking at 0905 on Monday morning, relaying the various notices on the Halt, Placement, SPP, etc. There was also a warning banner on the Direct Broking website when you logged on, saying something like, 'If interested in the ZEL placement, call our brokers on 0800 xxx xxx". My one complaint is the midday deadline (an unseemly rush?), which I missed mention of anywhere. But then I didn't chase it as I'd already decided on waiting for the SPP and a possible lower price.

So yes, I would check your contact settings and/or give them a call and ask whatsup?

May not have been a 'firm' allocation anyway. The Placement notes talked of "...existing shareholders(including those participating through a broker) will be given priority to obtaining a prorata allocation in the Placement".
    Thanks for that. I definitely need to check my settings.

I was logged in but maybe I ignored the banner. So many websites have Covid-19 alerts at the top of the screen that i barely notice these days. Coulda shoulda woulda. And the truth is I am still assessing the long term value. If the budget announcement is everything going electric it's not going to look too flash

EDIT - I checked and can't even see where to sign up for the newsletter! Must be an IQ test
    Last edited by tango; 13-05-2020 at 03:52 PM.