sharetrader
Page 177 of 277 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Should have sold today. Watch Z tank tomorrow after the announcement today
    big * sign *
    Last edited by gains; 12-08-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yes sure, but even taking that into consideration, last week Gull was a massive 25c per litre cheaper, comparing cheapest prices.
    This week its only 10c difference but still...

Still as I said, if they selling it in good volume at higher prices then that's good for s/h's, but it will backfire when the govt needs a scapegoat.
    This week, Gull was .3 cpl more expensive than the next door Caltex station. 50m down the road the Mobile station was actually 6cpl cheaper (with the discount) than Gull. Prices are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interestingly when the loyalty scheme changed In August 2019, Z for the first time allowed discount stacking. Since then the overall level of discounting for the company has really hurt its profit. I think quite a large percentage of people are into this stacking thing.

People are exceptionally price conscious, especially when it comes to fuel, yet they waste more than that just driving around to find a good deal on fuel.

Personally I can't be bothered with the stacking system. To me my time is better spent either relaxing or conducting some revenue generating activity than making multiple visit to the service station to buy $40 of fuel at time that is required to stack.

I forgot to mention the share tank system in my last post too. I'm getting a headache already!

Advanced Member

This card affords some great discounts. Have to setup an account and pay monthly.
    https://store.nzfarmsource.co.nz/partnerships/supercard

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    People are exceptionally price conscious, especially when it comes to fuel, yet they waste more than that just driving around to find a good deal on fuel.
    If you have Gaspy on your phone you no longer need to drive around to check fuel prices - the app is great and can show the cheapest fuel in any set area with the ability to add in any discount you might get at a certain brand of petrol station.

Banned

forget the comparison to Gull, they need to be far cheaper to make sense as their fuel is poos and you don't get the mileage out of ethanol

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    If you have Gaspy on your phone you no longer need to drive around to check fuel prices - the app is great and can show the cheapest fuel in any set area with the ability to add in any discount you might get at a certain brand of petrol station.
    Yes, that's a great crowdsourced app to mention along with it's website-based non-personally identifiable information gathering cousin Pricewatch. Still didn't stop my neighbour from driving 14km to save an additional 2cpl. 14km @ 0.73/km = $10.22 in running costs to save (45L*0.02cpl) = $0.90. I guess they'll never be an economics professor.

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    forget the comparison to Gull, they need to be far cheaper to make sense as their fuel is poos and you don't get the mileage out of ethanol
    The most common response when I've mentioned that is: But it's cheaper and it's still 45L in my tank! Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post

Personally I can't be bothered with the stacking system. To me my time is better spent either relaxing or conducting some revenue generating activity than making multiple visit to the service station to buy $40 of fuel at time that is required to stack.

I forgot to mention the share tank system in my last post too. I'm getting a headache already!
    You can just put $40 in then hang up the nozzle, pick it up and put another $40 in and repeat this process. When filled go in and pay for all at once stacking each one.

I do this when it's 10c per litre - doesn't take long and you have $1-$2 savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    You can just put $40 in then hang up the nozzle, pick it up and put another $40 in and repeat this process. When filled go in and pay for all at once stacking each one.

I do this when it's 10c per litre - doesn't take long and you have $1-$2 savings.
    I had no idea you could do that!
    I go to Z because it's the closest station and I usually time it for Wednesday or Thursday when they have their 10 cent a litre savings