sharetrader
Page 181 of 277 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Assume 91 is $2.00 a litre.
    If you do the fill on a super pumped day and do $40 fill you give up $2 (10c on 20 litres) on the day to get up to $5 later. If you do 3 fills of $40 (which I can - incl 1 to 2 fills on wife's car) then you give up $6 on the day to get $15 later.
    The discount expires at end of month following - so if you stack 19 fills over 2 months that's $1.90 plus 10c on day that's $2.00 so redeem for 50 litres.

Maths:
    19 fills @ 20 litres for $40 = $760 at 380 litres
    plus free fill for 50 litres (I have a 70 litre tank in SUV)
    that equates to 430 litres
    $760 divided 430 litres = $1.77 or 23c per litre.

Do that every 2 months it's $50 per month. Also helps I drive past a Z or Caltex every day.
    I think that's the key. If you even have to divert slightly to make multiple trips to the bowser, (with all the extra time that involves) you're on a hiding to nothing. I used to be into stacking. Then Covid came along and I touch a fuel bowser handle as infrequently as I can now days.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by gains View Post
    Stacking saves money

Hmm, I'm curious now.. anyone tried making the fuel provider pay you to fill your tank? (accumulated more savings than the price of fuel)
    When I stacked I was once able to get $1.10/L off. That was a busy month driving, and taking advantage of their retail offers. But TBH, it took more effort than I felt comfortable with, and the time spent stacking could have earnt me more with clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think that's the key. If you even have to divert slightly to make multiple trips to the bowser, (with all the extra time that involves) you're on a hiding to nothing. I used to be into stacking. Then Covid came along and I touch a fuel bowser handle as infrequently as I can now days.
    Thanks guys for making it clearer, the trick seems to be to do say $40 fills at the same time and get a bigger discount, otherwise doing say 3 fills (over time) 2 x $40 and stacking and the 3rd one 50 litres saves a few dollars only.
    Also agree beagle, need not to be going out of your way to fill up and using more fuel generally - me only about 2-3 fills in a max 2 month period across 2 cars., certainly not 19!

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Also helps I drive past a Z or Caltex every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's it. I used to stack too, pre covid, but now I drive past the queue at the BP on a Wednesday and think, really? Each to their own I guess, but for me, life is too short to waste all that time to save a few cents/dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    That's it. I used to stack too, pre covid, but now I drive past the queue at the BP on a Wednesday and think, really? Each to their own I guess, but for me, life is too short to waste all that time to save a few cents/dollars.
    I don't usually queue when I do the 10c stack fill and it takes a few minutes longer to do 2 x $40 fills than an $80 fill. If I save $100 every two months for a few minutes on each fill that adds up - it is a good proportion of the annual insurance on the car and I think of the few extra minutes a month as a fairly good hourly rate out of my post tax income (alternatively, it equates to paying for the fuel on the boat - which is ALWAYS a pleasure to take out rather than a task!).

Advanced Member

I just heard on National Radio news that a co is planning to have 120.000 commercial Hydrogen trucks operating in NZ by 2026.

The First 20000 on the road by 2022.

TIL group has signed up for the first batch.

At the moment, no Hydrogen filling stations exist.

Is this a commercial opportunity for ZEL?

If they decide not to partake, or are beaten to the deal, it will be a serious dent to ZEL, because 120000 trucks use 10 times as much fuel as cars.

Obviously, once the filling stations are in place, more new cars will be hydrogen.

DR JPG

Free wallet biopsyies for new patient registrations this month.

Advanced Member

I've since googled, and it appears to be the HIRINGA group, who are partnered with the Waitomo chain.
    I thought the numbers mentioned on radio were high, works out to be 1 for each 42 people in NZ, so must include light vans.
    I dont think I misheard.
    2021 is the rollout date the Hiringa website gives.
    Last edited by Getty; 01-09-2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: amend comment about selling diesel through Waitomo

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I've since googled, and it appears to be the HIRINGA group, who are partnered with the Waitomo chain.
    I thought the numbers mentioned on radio were high, works out to be 1 for each 42 people in NZ, so must include light vans.
    I dont think I misheard.
    2021 is the rollout date the Hiringa website gives.
    The press release I read said 2000 by 2026, which seems like a much more realistic number.

120,000 seems awfully high. and 2026 seems optimistically fast.

Advanced Member

Good one K14, where can I find the press release, as google didnt give me much info?
    To filthy, 2026 was the date given by radio.