sharetrader
Page 182 of 277 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    The press release I read said 2000 by 2026, which seems like a much more realistic number.
    that sounds much more like it. sounds fantastic as well. the sooner we get away from fossil fuels the better. why the gov hasn't provided consumers with incentives like Europe/China etc, I will never know. we should be setting ourselves up like Norway and be leading the way in new tech like electric & hydro vehicles. question is, where would that leave Z?

It is amusing that you use Norway as an example since its ability to fund "feel good" projects is only possible because of its massive oil wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    that sounds much more like it. sounds fantastic as well. the sooner we get away from fossil fuels the better. why the gov hasn't provided consumers with incentives like Europe/China etc, I will never know. we should be setting ourselves up like Norway and be leading the way in new tech like electric & hydro vehicles. question is, where would that leave Z?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Good one K14, where can I find the press release, as google didnt give me much info?
    To filthy, 2026 was the date given by radio.
    Sorry its behind a paywall. Maybe search again tonight/tomorrow, might pop up on a mainstream site.

I just heard on National Radio news that a co is planning to have 120.000 commercial Hydrogen trucks operating in NZ by 2026.

The First 20000 on the road by 2022.

TIL group has signed up for the first batch.
    There has been talk of the Taranaki getting some research/scheme going with hydrogen in an effort to help wean them off the hydrocarbon dependency. Couple this with the fact that TIL have a good many trucks that go between there and Auckland, back and forth every day ferrying hydrocarbons, it would probably be relatively "easy" to set up with hydrogen refilling stations at each end of those runs to power those trucks, so on the face of it, sounds like a plausible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    120,000 seems awfully high. and 2026 seems optimistically fast.
    With numbers like that, it must be a COL/Twyford project.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    It is amusing that you use Norway as an example since its ability to fund "feel good" projects is only possible because of its massive oil wealth
    Not wrong there. Perhaps they'd like to share some of that wealth around so we can all go green?

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    very true! maybe battery day will save them having to continue to 'waste' all that money on incentives eh

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Sorry its behind a paywall. Maybe search again tonight/tomorrow, might pop up on a mainstream site.
    @getty - Here is the article on stuff https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/122...hit-kiwi-roads

Advanced Member

Thanks K14, and before I logged on managed to see a transcript on RNZ website of what I thought I heard.
    The newsreader who I think was Giles Beckford read out "20 hydrogen" trucks, and it sounded to me like 20 thousand trucks.

The real story which can be seen on their website, Is 1500 trucks by 2026, which is way more realistic.
    One of the good things about ST, is that misinformation, accidental or otherwise, can be subject to scrutiny, and corrected.

1500 heavy trucks is still a significant loss to diesel vendors, and as I have already alluded, there will be a flow on of cars.

Dr JPG

Bring your car in for an AUTOpsy.

Advanced Member

There are other stories on this subject, for those that are interested, on Business Desk, pay walled.

Advanced Member

There is a certain irony that the introduction of Hydrogen Trucks is being driven out of Taranaki, NZ's petrochemical centre, and the early adopter is TIL group, who are major diesel and petrol transport distibutors in NZ.

A case of biting the hand that feeds you?

There is a certain irony that the introduction of Hydrogen Trucks is being driven out of Taranaki, NZ's petrochemical centre, and the early adopter is TIL group, who are major diesel and petrol transport distibutors in NZ.

A case of biting the hand that feeds you?
    Yeah and nah. Not sure if you saw my post up the page a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    There has been talk of the Taranaki getting some research/scheme going with hydrogen in an effort to help wean them off the hydrocarbon dependency. Couple this with the fact that TIL have a good many trucks that go between there and Auckland, back and forth every day ferrying hydrocarbons, it would probably be relatively "easy" to set up with hydrogen refilling stations at each end of those runs to power those trucks, so on the face of it, sounds like a plausible idea.
    The O&G companies here like to have fleets of electric and hybrid cars, you know, to offset all the other stuff lol.