sharetrader
Page 188 of 277 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    even moaningstar have buy rating
    haha if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is pretty much to do the opposite of whatever morningstar say. I swear they just try and line-up a bunch of gullible retail holders to buy/sell into the holdings of their institutional clients. complete garbage. anyway - back to ZEL. this is a sunset business in my opinion. after the Covid recovery (which might take years thanks to jet fuel) will be the electric car revolution. sorry bull, but I agree with the beagles nose on this one (unless your just in it for the pump).

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    haha if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is pretty much to do the opposite of whatever morningstar say. I swear they just try and line-up a bunch of gullible retail holders to buy/sell into the holdings of their institutional clients. complete garbage. anyway - back to ZEL. this is a sunset business in my opinion. after the Covid recovery (which might take years thanks to jet fuel) will be the electric car revolution. sorry bull, but I agree with the beagles nose on this one (unless your just in it for the pump).
    undervalued as no covid bounce has happened therefore its still being priced as if we are in lockdown. a similar business as air has had a bounce to reflect at some stage business will return. z has not. they will pay a dividend again and for your info beagle pumped all over this that z would be in business for years on this thread . you must have forgotton. it was actually me who said it wouldnt so agree with you its a business that wont be the same in many years to come
    Last edited by bull....; 22-10-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Looked at buying electric car. Not worthwhile as a purely financial exercise. A bit premature to say the electric revolution will stuff up z energy. Maybe something to worry about in 20 years or so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Looked at buying electric car. Not worthwhile as a purely financial exercise. A bit premature to say the electric revolution will stuff up z energy. Maybe something to worry about in 20 years or so.
    Yeah imagine all electric V8 supercars/Rallycars or Drag cars, yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I've been looking hard at whether to treat myself with the new V8 powered BMW 550 x drive - 0-100 in about 3.6 seconds and fabulous comfort and handling. Basically bordering right on supercar performance for $149K. They've just arrived in the country and I got my invitation to test drive one yesterday due to my previous expression of interest on the BMW website. Where I've arrived at after much internal debate in my head is that a car like this is likely to depreciate at a previously unexperienced extraordinary rate as even faster high quality European EV's become available for similar money.

Normally a vehicle like this halves every 3 years..so if one jumps in early and pays full retail to get one of the first in the country their $150K including on road costs will be worth about $75K in 3 years. I can't be bothered getting a bath for $25,000 in depreciation each year for the next 3 years, around $500 per week...the experience simply isn't worth that to me. But what if the depreciation is actually worse ?
    The problem now with all new generations of EV's just around the corner is that I think the depreciation will be even faster now, (maybe I will lose $80,000 - $90,000 in the first 3 years ?), so if I want to indulge myself I am better to wait for a new EV that "spins my wheels" so to speak.

I think we will see some quite big changes with EV's in the next 5 years including the price point and some really quite remarkable changes in the next decade.
    Jet fuel demand isn't coming back to anything like what it was any year soon.
    Too many headwinds for this company with minnows constantly gnawing away at market share and people are right to be unimpressed with Mike Bennetts "leadership".

Gull have 20 cents off a liter until midday tomorrow, just an example of the competitive pressure and blowtorch being applied to ZEL's margins.

Opps I've been a bad dog and wasted some time in this thread. Silly dog.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-10-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

We have a government that favours light rail and electric vehicles. While that change isn’t going to happen overnight it is possible that incentives or taxes could expedite the transition to mass transport and electric vehicles.

Much like beagle I was considering purchasing a vehicle and have held off because of my expectation that there will be luxury electric or hybrid vehicles arriving in 2021. I have been drooling over the Mercedes-Benz AMGGT convertible but I will wait to see what’s available in the electric vehicle market in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    We have a government that favours light rail and electric vehicles. While that change isn’t going to happen overnight it is possible that incentives or taxes could expedite the transition to mass transport and electric vehicles.

Much like beagle I was considering purchasing a vehicle and have held off because of my expectation that there will be luxury electric or hybrid vehicles arriving in 2021. I have been drooling over the Mercedes-Benz AMGGT convertible but I will wait to see what’s available in the electric vehicle market in the near future...
    I'd wager there's thousands of people like us...sitting on the fence, waiting for a high performance EV that "spins our wheels".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Evs have unreal depreciation, especially when the battery starts to hold a lesser and lesser charge. Just about junk when you need a new battery pack. Typically people with less funds buy second hand vehicles. The older the vehicle the poorer the buyer. Which one is going to be able to afford $10k, on an older vehicle. The more Evs on the road the more this unreal depreciation will become evident.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'd wager there's thousands of people like us...sitting on the fence, waiting for a high performance EV that "spins our wheels".
    No definately not me,besides the smell of Methanol is something you will never replace with electric.