sharetrader
Page 199 of 277 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's not just lately, it's been on the slippery slope since the hey days above $8 in 2016, with a hammering last year from Covid and gradually heading back there again. Best to avoid stocks in prolonged down trends.
    I couldn't agree more. Its too much hard work swimming against an outgoing tide.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Its too much hard work swimming against an outgoing tide.
    There are many more encouraging and rewarding companies to invest in, albeit the market overall is value_stretched, one can't understand why anyone would invest or hold a long term capital destruction, surely it's not just for dividends, when the capital lost massively exceeds the dividends earned?

There are many more encouraging and rewarding companies to invest in, albeit the market overall is value_stretched, one can't understand why anyone would invest or hold a long term capital destruction, surely it's not just for dividends, when the capital lost massively exceeds the dividends earned?
    Thirty plus stocks with only 3 now showing red having held Zel for two years (not trading) Not holding for dividend but any dividend will move the needle as would any progress towards electrifying their stations assuming they wish to keep up with play. $3.90 break-even point so see no reason to suddenly sell taking a hefty loss. My other holdings have been (much) kinder............
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 03-02-2021 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Heh, I'm stuck in the rip!

Thankfully, only a small holding out of morbid curiosity and hope that I might claw some of my petrol money back, but this one is parked for the time-being.

I think it'll come back once Donkey Teeth decides to allow us out of our cage.

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    Heh, I'm stuck in the rip!

Thankfully, only a small holding out of morbid curiosity and hope that I might claw some of my petrol money back, but this one is parked for the time-being.

I think it'll come back once Donkey Teeth decides to allow us out of our cage.

The personal abuse does you no credit

the announcement by z saying they got a dispute notice from NZR seemed to be the turning point in the recovery price wise + a number of govt announcements. changed the recovery narrative
    one step ahead of the herd

Kingfish sold out quite a while back, unimpressed with management. I think management have totally dropped the ball. Mike Bennetts comes out with trite statements often beginning with "We welcome" this change or We welcome that change but what they have totally missed the opportunity with is welcoming and leading the charge with embracing adding EV charging facilities at all their service stations. If they had rolled out just one or two charging points at each of their service stations they would have dramatically lifted their store sales as consumers munched their way through tens of millions of dollars of (very high margin) snack food each year while waiting for their EV's to charge up.

They have the toilets, they have the coffee, they have the snack food, all that is missing was the foresight by management to embrace and welcome the future trend to EV's. What Mike Bennetts should have done is welcomed the change and embraced it putting in EV charging points in ALL their service stations. Investing $200K is really nothing more than a token effort https://www.driven.co.nz/news/z-shif...y-ev-chargers/
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-02-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I unfortunately was a holder of Z , last year I gave up and took a loss. Mike's conversations revolve around the topics of: he didn't want to be in the petrol industry, his two daughters, pies and coffee. It's never any substance.

I do wonder how much revenue they would make from EV charging though? Do you mean like a cafe and charging stations?

I think supermarkets, malls and fast food outlets will adopt the charging station in the future making it quite hard for a converted z stations to generate a profit. This may be a while away though, EV's need to come down in price for average joe to adopt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Comyn View Post
    ... may be a while away though, EV's need to come down in price for average joe to adopt.
    that and the fact that we have an unreliable electrical grid. At least you know you can get around with fuel. There are many hurdles to jump before we need to worry about the size of the EV market. Never mind all of this signalling of virtue we get from the twats in Wellington.

The question is, at what price does this stock become a buy??