sharetrader
Page 212 of 277 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Thieves, and the fat-fingered, cause grief for Z's Pay by Plate

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...WIQCJ4DA5STOA/

lol how dumb , drive - offs are already a big problem in petrol stations and they go ahead and make it easier
    one step ahead of the herd

I didn't mean to suggest that ZEL is not a good investment, just the opposite. Vehicle service stations are here to stay. Adaption is the key. The supply and demand of what ever will be required will set the price which incudes a profit content. The current low SP just amazes me at the moment. Is this a dump before the pump.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Thieves, and the fat-fingered, cause grief for Z's Pay by Plate

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...WIQCJ4DA5STOA/

lol how dumb , drive - offs are already a big problem in petrol stations and they go ahead and make it easier
    I find it amazing the huge trust operators have in punters ability to pay for the product already in their vehicle, its a bit like a bar tab.

... have power to make you great

"My thoughts are similar to a number of people who have commented subsequently…

The change out to a full EV fleet will take decades. There are 4m cars in NZ give or take and in a normal year around 150k new cars sold. Even if every new car sold into NZ from this year was an EV it would take 25+ years to change the fleet out. This will happen over a long period of time. Also given NZ is a wafer of world market share and we are a RHD (right hand drive) country in a world dominated by LHD…we typically are bottom priority of any production allocation decisions."

The above quote is from Todd Hunter CEO Turners Automotive posted #6778 on TRA thread. There is currently 300 approx brand new EVs registered each month....will take over 1,100 years to achieve full EV fleet
    Last edited by Habits; 28-05-2021 at 06:48 AM.

that dividend is soon to be eaten up by capital loss ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Had a wee look at the NZR announcement. So opaque and very hard to get excited when they're ostensibly trashing the last major lot of capex investment only very recently undertaken.
    As for ZEL, its hard to get excited when you know Gull are direct importing refined fuel from some of the largest and most efficient refineries in the world and ZEL are stuck paying processing fees for an outdated and probably relatively less efficient refiner that's now been reduced to a logistics operator. None of this gives off the smell of a good feed to this dog, (get nauseous just thinking about investing in their smelly old industry). Avoid the whole sunset sector is what I'm doing.
    Hi Beagle. I still have a petrol fueled vehicle and don't mind paying a couple of cents more for petrol from Z. Since being a shareholder of ZEL will only go to Z outlets, if possible, to support the company I invested in. How many people on sharetrader still go to a petrol station to full up their tanks? Am getting a nice big fat 14c div next Wednesday.
    Last edited by see weed; 28-05-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Still petrol powered cars here mate. Hope you're doing okay. 378 liter tank in this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-05-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    that dividend is soon to be eaten up by capital loss ?
    Only if it's realised

the patient ones may well see a bounce back up on the back of 23.0 cpc forward div ..

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hi Beagle. I still have a petrol fueled vehicle and don't mind paying a couple of cents more for petrol from Z. Since being a shareholder of ZEL will only go to Z outlets, if possible, to support the company I invested in. How many people on sharetrader still go to a petrol station to full up their tanks? Am getting a nice big fat 14c div next Wednesday.
    I and most people I know go gull or the cheapest on the day ,even though my shares are with a company that is their rival I cannot justify me paying an extra 5 -10 cents per liter potentially benefiting my share price, & financially it is a more sound investment rather than propping up a company that I have shares in.
    Last edited by ralph; 28-05-2021 at 02:42 PM.

20c difference around this town today between Gull and Z ....
    thats a lot to be screwin people - you think they wont notice?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....