sharetrader
Page 213 of 277 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Gull had their discount day until midday today, which could explain the big difference.
    I also notice that when they do these big discount days that the stations have too many people and it is just aweful.
    Highly recommend the z share tank. Try buy big at a cheap station around the country then it doesn't matter where you go. Still got 200 litres at $2.05 for 95 from a few months back. Probably bad for my shares though...

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    20c difference around this town today between Gull and Z ....
    thats a lot to be screwin people - you think they wont notice?
    Z consistently significantly more expensive around here than any of the others...and they wonder why they are steadily loosing market share. Their pies and coffee are not a patch on the pies and coffee at BP. I never bother stopping at Z any more.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Who owns BP and Gull, and can I buy shares with them? Z Bombay has nice pies and clean toilets. If Z is 5c dearer that means I pay an extra $2.50c to full up every 2 or 3 weeks, but I don't drink coffee to go every day which over 2 weeks would be $56 at one coffee a day.
    Last edited by see weed; 28-05-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Gull had their discount day until midday today, which could explain the big difference.
    I also notice that when they do these big discount days that the stations have too many people and it is just aweful.
    Highly recommend the z share tank. Try buy big at a cheap station around the country then it doesn't matter where you go. Still got 200 litres at $2.05 for 95 from a few months back. Probably bad for my shares though...
    I only recently finished using 500litres I bought when passing through Hamilton when it was $1.75! Yes I love the sharetank but just like my share portfolio I am running out of things to sell !

If Z cant flex back at Gull on their cheap days then they're too slow.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

A good job you do not drink coffee see weed as it would be wild bean everyday see weed its goody stuff ,I go everyday and fill up at gull .

Well around my way GAS, Z and Mobil all 2.25.9, and Pak'n'save is 2.12.7 before any discounts - all nearly within a stones throw of each other, about 2k's away but closer to me than the others (not by much) Caltex at 2.18.9
    I think Mobil supply this Pak N save

Guru

At least Z is NZ owned.

Though in general moving away from importing fuel from overseas "regimes" and using local clean energy makes good sense long term for many good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    If you go to a manned Gull site on a discount day they also hand out vouchers for 2 x $5 off $50 and $3 off $30 valid for about 3-4 weeks. For me that's a $4.50-5.00 discount on the day and a further $8-10 at the next fill depending on which vehicle I'm driving. That's on top of the usual 1.5-2.5cpl difference to the nearest Mobil and Z after the loyalty programs are factored in.

I wonder what the average weighted discount liability of Sharetank purchase/balances vs current retail price is? How much are Z having to recognise in the accounts for the value of pre-purchased fuel that eventually has to be replaced at current market?

Lucky I don't use any of these....I fill up with my tap water...

Waitomo Group will run a full-service flagship Waitomo Fuel Stop at the superhub, accessible from the Waikato Expressway via the Ruakura Interchange

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/125...akura-superhub

moving into the big time
    one step ahead of the herd