sharetrader
Page 218 of 277 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Here's a good question for the annual meeting. What was your total capex spend on installing EV chargers across your national network last year ? Is this less than the annual salary of one person Mike Bennetts the CEO ?
    If so, what he is still doing there so called "leading" the company ? I think you might be VERY surprised at how little they are investing. Playing with it while Rome Burns ?
    Only install Ev ports as demand requires. Why spend mega buck on Ev ports and spaces when only a minor part of nz cars are Ev.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Toyota is not bringing Ev hilux into NZ, for two years as they feel battery technology has not matured enough. IC or hybrids, are not going anytime soon and will be around for years to come. What's the bet one of the oil companies reliant only on petrol pumps will leave NZ rather than Z going broke. Then the market share will be greater. Still have confidence that Z as a New Zealand company will be here to stay, for a long time to come. I see fuel prices increasing if volumes across the board start decreasing.
    lol at Toyota. The reason Toyota won’t be bringing EVs to NZ (of any type) anytime soon is not because of battery “maturity” - it’s because they are 5-10 years behind everyone else with their EV plans, and have zero battery supply installed. They made a stupid bet on hydrogen that has backfired disastrously.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Here's a good question for the annual meeting. What was your total capex spend on installing EV chargers across your national network last year ? Is this less than the annual salary of one person Mike Bennetts the CEO ?
    If so, what he is still doing there so called "leading" the company ? I think you might be VERY surprised at how little they are investing. Playing with it while Rome Burns ?
    but how many EV drivers do (or would want to) re-charge at a petrol station? internationally the percentage is something like 5-10% (most would do so at Home, or while shopping). If Z spends lots of dosh on EV chargers aren't they just throwing away money?

The question is, does ZEL want to try and get "ahead of the EV demand curve" and carve out a niche as the place to go to charge your EV and thereby leverage its snacks and beverage business or will some other retailer like BP (which is known to have a superior food and beverage business), carve out an even bigger slice of the market ?

Surely questions need to be asked when Mike Bennetts salary just for one person is a multiple of many times the total annual spend on EV charging infrastructure for their entire national network ?

I agree 100% about the Toyota N.Z. CEO's comments. They were pathetic. Its quite obvious Toyota are many years behind many other manufacturers with their EV products.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-06-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Subsidy fiasco might just be a storm in a teacup and not do too much to change current behaviours.

I keep hearing that the EV subsidy/tax scheme will not make a jot of difference to total emissions....because under the ETS emissions are capped

No idea how this works but several learned people are saying that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Subsidy fiasco might just be a storm in a teacup and not do too much to change current behaviours.

I keep hearing that the EV subsidy/tax scheme will not make a jot of difference to total emissions....because under the ETS emissions are capped

No idea how this works but several learned people are saying that
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/govern...ZGEXASRXIT6RY/
    Government's EV 'feebate' plan may backfire - retailer

some commentary i came across said this - is probably quite true -

[The EV scheme is waste of time and virtue signalling silliness. Nothing to do with emissions/climate change, and everything to do with using the coercive powers of the state to subsidise lifestyle preferences of ministers and their mates, and taxing those they happen not to like,
    Last edited by winner69; 15-06-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Banned

This I heard is robably quite true -

[The EV scheme is waste of time and virtue signalling silliness. Nothing to do with emissions/climate change, and everything to do with using the coercive powers of the state to subsidise lifestyle preferences of ministers and their mates, and taxing those they happen not to like,

*sharp inhale* shocked! shocked I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    *sharp inhale* shocked! shocked I tell you!
    why you shocked

Banned

why you shocked

Sorry, should have come with a massive helping of sarcasm