sharetrader
Page 275 of 277 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Z still running their TV advertisements that Z is for New Zealanders. Hmmm...I'm thinking that's really stretching the truth now. Okay there might be a few Kiwi's who are Ampol shareholders so its not an outright lie but, my goodness, its pretty close !

Interestingly they're also advertising that they're installing fast EV chargers at Z stations, something I've been suggesting for years. Oh well...Australians are now fleecing me at my local Z store...must be time to buy an EV and charge it at home
    Mostly foreign owned supermarkets, service stations and banks. Kiwi peasants have been trussed up nicely by overseas owners...

CEO keeping his job and saying it adds resilience to their supply... generally talking it (Ampol ownership) up....
    Owning Ampol could be where some of the funds could go , they are going to list on the NZX
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Mostly foreign owned supermarkets, service stations and banks. Kiwi peasants have been trussed up nicely by overseas owners...
    Yeah, well you all had a chance to change your flag, but decided to stay with an Aussie one with a couple of stars removed...

Maybe we should have a debate on that before it's too late.
    We could negotiate a special deal for the first 10 years.
    Benefits for Aussie Kiwis and a lower tax rate.
    Last edited by clearasmud; 14-05-2022 at 07:10 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Yeah, well you all had a chance to change your flag, but decided to stay with an Aussie one with a couple of stars removed...
    Actually the NZ flag was designed in 1869, at least 30 years before the Australian competition to select theirs was held. The current Oz flag was officially adopted as their national flag in the 1950’s, replacing the British Union Flag.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 14-05-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    CEO keeping his job and saying it adds resilience to their supply... generally talking it (Ampol ownership) up....
    Owning Ampol could be where some of the funds could go , they are going to list on the NZX
    If NZer’s buy the future NZX listed Ampol shares, I think they will have to share the NZ imputation credits with all the existing Ampol ASX and NZX shareholders no matter where they are resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    If NZer’s buy the future NZX listed Ampol shares, I think they will have to share the NZ imputation credits with all the existing Ampol ASX and NZX shareholders no matter where they are resident.
    That's not how it works.
    Only NZ residents will be offered the imputation credits.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    That's not how it works.
    Only NZ residents will be offered the imputation credits.
    Are you sure? On my ANZ shares, The dividend includes both an imputation credit (a small percentage of the dividend declared) and an Australian Franking Credit (a much larger % of the dividend declared).

Pretty sure, It makes no sense to give imputation credits to holders who can't use them.

Legend

Look at the recently declared ANZ dividend

NZD Holders AU 72.0c + 9.0 c Imputation credits

AUST Holders AU 72.0c + 30.0% Australian Franking credit

No way is the NZ Imputation credit spread across whole Company Issued Capital

ASX ANZ Distribution Announcement:

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4

Compare this with their NZX Dividend Announcement filing for the same distribution