sharetrader
Page 41 of 277 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    It seems to cycle between circa late $6 and $8ish
    - with positive sentiment driven by their scale (now with Caltex integrated) in NZ, growing jet fuel product consumption and value services, and changes to dividend Policy (greater payout probability)
    - negative sentiment driven by the concerns re 'national' pricing, ongoing Govt potential intervention (SP sneezes when Govt make announcements), EV impacts, competition

They do have their eyes ahead to the future and EV impacts (their JV/investment in WLG on Mevo for example). They do come across as a forward looking Org vs stagnant or head in sand (like SKT, WHS). Personally, I rate their CEO.

We bought an EV, so it sometimes feels weird to be a Z shareholder. We use their charge stations, so I have an interest in how they adapt their business model over time to this technology shift

Disc: I have been buying in on dips and selling out on these peaks
    buy the troughs sell the tops seems to work well with this at the moment
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

ZEL putting a positive spin on the future of EV.
    House View 02: Future Moves

sitting right at the bottom of our trading range now , havnt decided yet weather i play the range again looks a bit iffy this time

Been eyeing it up as well. $6.90 is lower than usual though and it's been sitting here for a while now. Does make me a bit nervous that there is something I don't know about. Then again, the market in general has been quite stale. Report coming up early April with div in May. Is there anything that could push this one even lower?

Quote Originally Posted by sanctus671 View Post
    Been eyeing it up as well. $6.90 is lower than usual though and it's been sitting here for a while now. Does make me a bit nervous that there is something I don't know about. Then again, the market in general has been quite stale. Report coming up early April with div in May. Is there anything that could push this one even lower?
    agree with your thinking around general market , rising market makes it easier to play the range otherwise more risk

SP hovering below $7 for some time now. What are peoples thoughts, the potential govt intervention weighing over this SP too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    SP hovering below $7 for some time now. What are peoples thoughts, the potential govt intervention weighing over this SP too much?
    its trying to break back into its multi mth range of 7 - 8 overall market strenght is helping

nice result and it managed to get back in its range , wonder if we have the gas to get back to 8 again

powered on the gas yesterday back to the middle of the range again

Guru

Probably not the best timing for a profit result, given petrol company profit debates and current govt excitement in having BP in their crosshairs. Just wish they'd have a looking at the grocery market instead....