sharetrader
Page 66 of 277 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

I get it, you think this is a sunset industry. There's going to be very strong twilight for many decades to come, you read it here from me first.
    https://www.marketscreener.com/Z-ENE...015/consensus/..
    I own some Z shares.

I am just excited by all the new possibilities of this..
    Last edited by mcdongle; 28-11-2018 at 05:59 PM.

IMO

Yes i went to a ZEL presentation today with Mike Bennetts and really liked their attitude to the environment and acceptance of global warming and actions we all have to take, very responsible and genuine about this. Mentioned Disrupter in a disruptive mkt ,purchase Flick , Biodiesel etc.

52% of fuel sales are to commercial.
    $40 million savings to be made in the next two years from efficiencies/synergies gained in Chevron, Caltex purchase.

2 or 3 decades plus before EV use starts making an impact ( from Mike B,i hope take up is much sooner myself).

Fraser Whineray CEO of Mercury was also very motivated about global warming and excited about the ops for his company.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 28-11-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes i went to a ZEL presentation today with Mike Bennetts and really liked their attitude to the environment and acceptance of global warming and actions we all have to take, very responsible and genuine about this. Mentioned Disrupter in a disruptive mkt ,purchase Flick , Biodiesel etc.

52% of fuel sales are to commercial.
    $40 million savings to be made in the next two years from efficiencies/synergies gained in Chevron, Caltex purchase.

2 or 3 decades plus before EV use starts making an impact ( from Mike B,i hope take up is much sooner myself).

Fraser Whineray CEO of Mercury was also very motivated about global warming and excited about the ops for his company.
    Thanks for sharing. Market seems very competitive with fuel prices now. Just got a fill of 91 Octane at just $1.99.9 inclusive of the 11.5 cents per liter Auckland reginal fuel tax rort.

On the other side of the ledger its interesting to note that brokers are around 55 cps fully imputed dividend for FY21 so at $5.60 that's (55 / 0.72) / 560 = 13.6% yield.

Commerce Commission says petrol pricing study at least a year away and won't be swayed by political rhetoric. https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/commerce...tical-rhetoric
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-11-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

Interesting. Maybe people want a bathroom break and /or snack / coffee with their fuel after all ? I think the other issue is its a hard road to hoe getting premium sites for these discount players after all its not really worth ones time or fuel to go too far out of their way for discounted fuel.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

yeh you would think crowdsharing tech such as gaspy would affect more peoples decisions but the margins are relatively trivial on many occasions and not enough to compensate for needing a moro bar or a dump.
    the number of staff working for Waitomo is a quarter of Z ! and they buy directly off Mobil so really just a reseller.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I notice recently that Gull in Pakuranga have gone to a self service/pay at pump station - "shop" has been shut up, so you can't get your moro bar etc and subsequently the price is about 10 cents less than most others around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I notice recently that Gull in Pakuranga have gone to a self service/pay at pump station - "shop" has been shut up, so you can't get your moro bar etc and subsequently the price is about 10 cents less than most others around.
    "shop" has been converted to a bed store. Fill 'er up and then buy a bed with your...... savings?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Our local Gull just up the road did the same quite a few months ago. They start at 10 cents per liter cheaper but you will see 2 x 3 cent increases come on at about the 6 and 9 week mark irrespective of what the oil price and exchange rates are doing. The real difference will be considerably less than 10 cents per liter after a few months, mark my words. On the other hand by waiting for the real and sustained every week 10 cents per liter off days, (like 73% of people do) the major retailers run when combined with their other incentives such as fly buys for Z or Mobil Smiles for Mobil in the medium term you're better off sticking with the bigger brands and spend the real savings on that mars bar and coffee.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-12-2018 at 09:47 PM.

You might not get your10c off days for a while if the trucks go on strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    You might not get your10c off days for a while if the trucks go on strike.
    Got to try and stay away from the Mars bars anyway lol