Page 67 of 277 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

more headwinds for z - this will hurt them bad

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...expansion.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    more headwinds for z - this will hurt them bad

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...expansion.html
    Wow, a dozen extra stations in the next couple of years...I am sure Z shareholders are cuddling their teddy bears in fear lol
    As for the petrol price enquiry, all it will show is the Government are the main cause of petrol price increases with their rampant additional fuel excise levies and regional fuel tax.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Wow, a dozen extra stations in the next couple of years...I am sure Z shareholders are cuddling their teddy bears in fear lol
    As for the petrol price enquiry, all it will show is the Government are the main cause of petrol price increases with their rampant additional fuel excise levies and regional fuel tax.
    just pointing this out because z runs higher petrol price to competitors to get the bigger margin. more low cost operators will cause them to lose more market share as most consumers buy fuel on price.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    just pointing this out because z runs higher petrol price to competitors to get the bigger margin. more low cost operators will cause them to lose more market share as most consumers buy fuel on price.
    Most consumers buy fuel on location and price. There is literally no point driving more than a few kilometers out of your way and back again for cheaper fuel as any further you are simply chasing your tail in terms of trying to save money. It is very difficult for new entrants to get good sites near densely populated area's. Case in point is the Waitomo gas station on the way to Waiuku south of Auckland. You would only know about it if you lived in this relatively sparsely populated area way out the back of Karaka on the way to the old Kingseat area which is not the main route to Waiuku or Pukekohe. I drove past the other day and it was very small with no services, no cover over the site and no toilet I am sure. I wanted an ice-cream and a bathroom break and some fuel. Do you think I stopped ? Guess what, the main centers in New Zealand are heavily built up...how easy is it to get new sites and infrastructure in place...I rest my case.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Maybe thats their point of difference they could market.
    "Trim Down With Waitomo, Temptation Free!"

IMO

“You don’t want to be the company left behind,” he said. “You don’t want to be the polluter that makes the call that ‘we’re not going to change.’”

"Z Energy, the country’s biggest fuel retailer, is aiming to reduce its operational carbon emission by 30 percent by 2020. It has also set itself a goal of being a leader in New Zealand’s decarbonisation efforts."

Thanks beagle , they have been genuine about their responsibilities environmental wise for a while. Its a challenge they are open minded to tackle. A fast changing disruptive field.I did read somewhere recently that re 90% of current EV owners charge at home so no mars bar add ons there atpit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don’t agree with a reliance on fuel taxes to fund roading and transport. However where would the needed funds come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I don’t agree with a reliance on fuel taxes to fund roading and transport. However where would the needed funds come from?
    Good question. Had an interesting discussion with a heavy truck operator during a casual conversation at Subway in Taupo last summer. He freely admitted the transport industry had gamed the system by all their submissions that really heavy trucks wouldn't damage the roads because if super heavy loads were allowed there would be less trucks on the road and hence less damage.
    I got the impression that heavy trucks are doing tremendous damage to our national roading system, especially anything over 40 tons and we need to have another look at lowering the weight limits and looking at road user charges again for heavy vehicles. Fuel levies have been increasing at a much faster rate than inflation and Cindy's Kindy are planning to accelerate that at an even faster pace during their tenure. I think a substantial part of the fuel levy is simply being syphoned off into the government coffers and not being spent on roads.

**** happens ....bad time of year though

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/109...in-at-the-pump

Wouldn't happen to EVs though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”