sharetrader
Page 98 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

positives there if you read the Rawlings comments though. Shes not so virulent
    "Although Rawlings said competition could be better in the market, she would not go as far as saying consumers were being "fleeced". If competition was working well, consumers would be paying less over time, Rawlings said."

Heaps milder than Jacinda...

She was open to the Government building more infrastructure that could support fuel being imported into New Zealand.

The Commerce Commission's view was that petrol was still going to be around for a long time and it "does not seem like a sensible strategy" to solely focus on electric vehicles.

Nice to know thanks

I dont think this thread should be used as a political platform, we know how politicians blag and end up doing sfa. Chances are this will do diddley squat and this news offers a chance to buy cheaper shares. I sold a third just the other day by chance, and will consider re-entry.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    positives there if you read the Rawlings comments though. Shes not so virulent
    "Although Rawlings said competition could be better in the market, she would not go as far as saying consumers were being "fleeced". If competition was working well, consumers would be paying less over time, Rawlings said."

Heaps milder than Jacinda...

She was open to the Government building more infrastructure that could support fuel being imported into New Zealand.

The Commerce Commission's view was that petrol was still going to be around for a long time and it "does not seem like a sensible strategy" to solely focus on electric vehicles.

Nice to know thanks

I dont think this thread should be used as a political platform, we know how politicians blag and end up doing sfa. Chances are this will do diddley squat and this news offers a chance to buy cheaper shares. I sold a third just the other day by chance, and will consider re-entry.
    she has no choice to act on this report now after her comments. this report benefits Gull and Waitomo the most to the detriment of z , mobil and bp who lose market share and profits in time as competition is opened up.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Z been screwing motorists for far too long .....hope they get their comeuppance

Not just Z but Z the worst

Shareholders should be proud of their company doing such things to make money ...as long as shareholders don’t think of themselves as ‘owners’ It shouldn’t prick their conscience
    Hugh! Z making $0.04/liter,Taxes $1.20.Spare me.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    They won't do much because if they do the billions they get every year from grab steal and take, (otherwise known as GST) from fuel will reduce.
    GST on increased excise fees is a tax on a tax but according to Ardern increased excise on fuel is not a tax. Is it too early for a Tui ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They won't do much because if they do the billions they get every year from grab steal and take, (otherwise known as GST) from fuel will reduce.
    GST on increased excise fees is a tax on a tax but according to Ardern increased excise on fuel is not a tax. Is it too early for a Tui ?
    They need as much as they can get for all their nonsense climate change aspirations and all the other PC crap that's costing a fortune in wasted money, poor/low income families needing cheaper petrol dont come into the picture. PS-Go and pour yourself a large glass of A2 milk mixed with your choice of alcohol.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    They need as much as they can get for all their nonsense climate change aspirations and all the other PC crap that's costing a fortune in wasted money, poor/low income families needing cheaper petrol dont come into the picture. PS-Go and pour yourself a large glass of A2 milk mixed with your choice of alcohol.
    No Couts - bad for him

Beagle now semi retired he says ...I reckon politics is his game now ....he should get in touch with his mate Chris and wangle his way on to the Nat list....and fix the world
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Tackling the cost of housing would really help low income families.

Broadening the tax base as is the situation in other countries by Introducing a CGT while Reducing the rate of excise and reducing GST would have helped low income families too. NZ First put a stop to introducing a CGT.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 20-08-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Z's response to Govt obfuscation http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...450/305709.pdf

Bridges labels Ardern "chief fleecer" https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Peat "I dont think this thread should be used as a political platform, we know how politicians blag and end up doing sfa. "

Agree,otherwise we are going to descend back into the the "old " sharetrader. Its been great up until now but here come the usual suspects lowering the bar already.