sharetrader
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I can't see why over the past week this company is suddenly worth a lot more. 20% rise in sp today.

There may be some insider trading ahead of a significant news release but even so I see little point in holding on the off chance of something remarkable happening with technology of which I'm not really a big fan.

Reuters has them with an NTA of just 11c. Heavy gearing also makes me a bit reluctant to continue holding, and so I've just now taken profit - sold out at 37.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    I can't see why over the past week this company is suddenly worth a lot more. 20% rise in sp today.

There may be some insider trading ahead of a significant news release but even so I see little point in holding on the off chance of something remarkable happening with technology of which I'm not really a big fan.

Reuters has them with an NTA of just 11c. Heavy gearing also makes me a bit reluctant to continue holding, and so I've just now taken profit - sold out at 37.

BC
    I don't follow this too closely (used to be a shareholder back in the day) but tend to agree with you Bobcat. The rise has been dramatic to say the least, and the only news is that Milford have bought some shares. Not sure the jump is sustainable, so totally get why you would take the profit!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Heard a Smartpay ad on the radio this morning (I think it was top and tailing the news or weather ot traffic or something). It basically said that they are the cheapest payments option around. Got my attention anyway
    Nig, They were making those claims 10 years ago when I was a S Her !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Nig, They were making those claims 10 years ago when I was a S Her !
    I remember I've been out for years. Although I think (?) there's been a big management change and things seem to look a bit brighter now. Whatever happened to the ASX listing? Did that ever happen?

yes it is listed on ASX as SMP.....also a good uplift in share price there too

Advanced Member

Will admit to having bought.. and held.. for many years.. Is in my written off drawer.

You can not win them all.. Learnt much from that exercise.. Quite slowly to begin with.. Now much quicker :-)
    Only have two others in the same drawer..

Maybe.. Just maybe..

Last week's presentation to Australian investors seems to have gone down very well. Unclear as to why - having read it I didn't find it very appealing. The financials especially are not impressive.

Still, who am I to argue with market sentiment? Clearly someone, or several someones, are thinking otherwise and are feeding well this puppy. SMP closed on the ASX at 38c. SPY on the NZX tomorrow will no doubt rise further to at least 40c to match. I still believe at this price, it's a fine time to sell. I've done so (a day too early as it turns out - yep, just like with my AZS stock, when I saw it jump I should've sat on my hands for 24 hrs).

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 07-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Guru

Maiden profit announced and look to be gaining traction in Oz. I've traded in & out of this crowd over the years, but might stick them in my "HOLD" category now.

Still got huge debt. Debt to equity ratio is far to high for my liking. That's good news though. I bailed this week. My timing can be absolutely crap sometimes.

I notice Microequities - highly respected Australian smallcap manager - have a strong buy on this. Forecast fwd PE 15.5 2017, 6.4 2018
    Wondering if anyone holds shares and/or an opinion based on recent analysis?

Investment Opinion
    We retain our STRONG BUY recommendation following the release of the 1H17 results, with a price objective of A$0.24.
    This is a 52.3% premium to the last traded price. The price objective is an average of the DCF valuation of A$0.22 and our relative peer valuation of A$0.26. While the 1H17 results were behind our expectations, we believe that the results also confirmed that SMP’s financial results have begun to inflect, and we expect significant growth in earnings and free cash flow over the next two years as the company moves through a period of heavy investment. We also expect further market share growth in Australia in the general retail market. In the medium term, there may also be additional upside from entering into merchant acquiring, or M&A opportunities that are not captured in our forecasts or valuation.
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 10-01-2017 at 08:49 PM.