http://fortune.com/2016/02/11/apple-iphone-ios-share/

About Apple's 40% Share of the U.S. Smartphone Market

From a year ago
    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Apple currently showing on Serenity
    (the Benjamin Graham stock screener)

Attachment 6043
    Warren has been rereading The Intelligent Investor
    Last edited by peat; 17-05-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

The worlds first $trillion company is here!. A cousin living in USA reccoed i buy it back in the early 90's, i couldnt find the ticker(the doubleAA tricked me) and forgot about it! !! Cant go wrong selling new Iphones at the top price and making them redundant every year and a half. I personally got sick of my iphone and am happy with this Huawei.
    Note craigs note out on apple today. Portfolio classification- Core
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 03-08-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The worlds first $trillion company is here!.

. Portfolio classification- Core
    is that supposed to be funny 😁

Apple Inc. ended the year with $247 billion in cash, securities and account receivables, enough to run its operations for more than a year even if it didn’t cut costs or sell a single iPhone.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/t...or-5g-adoption FREE ARTICLE

whats amazing in this article is how apple iphone purchasers kept on buying whereas android users shut down the spend.
    PhoneBuyers.JPG

Remember though this is just for NZ which will only account for a tiny number of their overall sales.

Still, probably the same everywhere??

I reckon Apple fans are much richer and/or prepared to pay more for good tech than Androiders - and for other stuff too like movies and software overall .

I hate the way my Sony Bravia TV shows that Android logo when it reboots. Its the only existence of Android in my ecosystem and it deeply concerns me. (not really)
    Last edited by peat; 14-10-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The worlds first $trillion company is here!. A cousin living in USA reccoed i buy it back in the early 90's, i couldnt find the ticker(the doubleAA tricked me) and forgot about it! !! Cant go wrong selling new Iphones at the top price and making them redundant every year and a half. I personally got sick of my iphone and am happy with this Huawei.
    Note craigs note out on apple today. Portfolio classification- Core
    I saw this old post. An acquaintance from when I was over in London, who worked for a consumer electronics retailer, bought 100 apple shares for about $1500 in 2002 for her new-born baby. She said at the time she would keep them for her 21st birthday. I just calculated that with splits there would be 5600 shares now worth about $688,000 USD. I wonder if she kept them.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-06-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/t...or-5g-adoption FREE ARTICLE

whats amazing in this article is how apple iphone purchasers kept on buying whereas android users shut down the spend.
    PhoneBuyers.JPG

Remember though this is just for NZ which will only account for a tiny number of their overall sales.

Still, probably the same everywhere??

I reckon Apple fans are much richer and/or prepared to pay more for good tech than Androiders - and for other stuff too like movies and software overall .

I hate the way my Sony Bravia TV shows that Android logo when it reboots. Its the only existence of Android in my ecosystem and it deeply concerns me. (not really)
    I hope you haven’t connected your tv to the internet. Most smart TVs are leaking your personal info like crazy and selling it. Actually use pixel tracking tech which means even when you are watching content from boxes attached to the tv (like a skydecoder or appletv box) it is still tracking the content and selling it.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

SNAP -20%
    GOOG TWTR FB down a/h 2 to 3%

Apple's iOS 14.5 users have to opt in to allow tracking losing rev on above platforms.

I have just discovered this page. As a long term investor in AAPL I usually get my info from other sites like ped30.com. It's a pity to see this site not getting the thread posts I would expect for the largest company in the world. I'm currently sitting on a retirement fund's worth of AAPL after buying over the long term and selling the odd amount to fund retirement - last sale US$170 (NZ$270) - first purchase US$3.07 (NZ$4.38) in 2007 after the iPhone 1 was announced.

However, I also do some analysis, this is a new one from this week. I was asked if this was a good time to buy more when the price dropped below US$150 (NZ$260) this week. My answer was that you can buy anytime and still profit, but for NZ investors this last few weeks is actually an ATH period due to exchange rate variation. Not only NZ, but also AU and GB.

https://www.datawrapper.de/_/cMiPH/